Surgery Tuesday (9/6), and I'm scared:-(

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/3/11 2:09 pm - Tuvalu
On September 3, 2011 at 8:19 PM Pacific Time, Nurse Nika wrote:
OMG Ms. Sue! Those pics are freaking hilarious! I definitely needed some comedy relief. Your points were valid and you are right, my freaking out is because I know this is not some outpatient procedure being done, this is requiring a huge obligation mentally, physically, emotionally, financially and many many more "ally." Once again thanks for the those hideous pictures of those Boy Bands. LOL Are those real groups? Just curious...

Nika

Unfortunately...yes...they are real:
www.youtube.com/watch

And there are...were...more of them:
www.oldpostcards.se/danceband/

ChristieS
on 9/3/11 8:56 am - Camby, IN
I'm not a DS'er, but I wanted to respond since you live in the same city.  You are experiencing normal anxiety - I was a mess before my surgery! 

It sounds like you have everything well under control with your family and support system.

You have an excellent surgeon (my surgeon is one of her partners), and you will do awesome!

Congrats on the upcoming surgery - at least they made it earlier in the day!!  Sending positive vibes for an uneventful recovery!

Twilighttwilight addict

Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 1:24 pm
Howdy neighbor! Very thankful that my support group will be taking care of my girls while I'm in the hospital and the few weeks afterwards. When I talked with the coordinator yesterday and she said my time was moved up, I was happy, but then the freaking out started. Thanks for the positive vibes and well wishes!

Nika
lwoznick
on 9/3/11 9:46 am - Green Bay, WI
Hang in there, Nika! You're going to get through this just fine. Take some deep breaths and ask for a heavy dose of "happy juice" before they roll into the OR and you'll be singing show tunes before they open you up! LOL! Actually, with the combo of meds they give you pre-surgery...you just might end up singing, or saying something really silly! Just envision yourself rocking out in the OR with those band members that Ms. Cal Culator shared with you. That ought to relax you and give you a good laugh! Her photos just crack me up!

Just wanted to let you know I'm rooting for you! Sending well wishes, prayers and swinging critter for you! You'll have to let us all know how you're doing when you come out on the other side rocking your new DS! Originally, I was going to share your surgery date...but mine got moved out a week to Sept. 13. Looking forward to sharing the new DS journey with you!

Warmest wishes,

Lisa
Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 1:26 pm
Lisa:-( I just knew you were going to be my surgery sister. Well we can still be switch sisters, just a week apart. LOL Thank you so much for thos warm wishes.

Nika
Blank Out
on 9/3/11 10:56 am
 Yep, we were all scared!  But, you have a good surgeon with a good track record!  You will go in, be knocked out, wake up in pain, get good pain meds, have a period of healing and adjustment.  Then, before you know it, a year will have passed, and you will have an amazing new body!  And, you will love shopping and doing girly stuff that will be so exciting you cannot believe it!  Congrats on a wonderful journey ahead!!!!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 1:30 pm
And I pray it goes exactly in that order. With the sipping and walking in between. I can't wait to go do girly stuff with my daughters like shopping! I've become such a bump on the log, can't wait to be one HotMomma!

Thanks,

Nika
Heres2anewme
on 9/3/11 12:28 pm - TX
I'm praying for you!! Don't worry everything is going to be just fine. We need to touch base tomorrow or Monday so that we can get everything together....I'm so excited your time is here. You are in good hands with Dr. Inman!!
Jamille            ~If it's God's will for me, then it will be~
                                            I Being A Mommy!!

Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 1:33 pm
Jamille! Yes we definitely need to touch base tomorrow or Monday. As you can tell I'm excited, but nervous as well. Yes Dr. Inman is a great DS surgeon, so I'm confident with my decision! Talk to you soon!

Nika
gak
on 9/3/11 1:07 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Nika,
You are so normal and you will do fine. Glad everything is squared away ! Who is the angel reporting in to us so we know how grand you are doing ? 

Vent all you need to this weekend ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm