Surgery Tuesday (9/6), and I'm scared:-(

kathie09
on 9/3/11 5:22 am - not available
I totally get this! My surgery was one month ago yesterday, and I still vividly remember the 12hour drive to my surgeons office. In my mind I kept saying "I can't believe I'm doing this....I can't BELIEVE I am doing this!!!" I was a basket full of nerves.

NOw, four weeks post op and 34 pounds lighter, I am so thankful that I didn't let the voices in my head change my course or my destiny. Good luck love. You will be amazing!!!
kathie09
Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 1:11 pm
Twelve hour drive?!?!?! Wow that would've really been upnerving! Glad you made it to the dark side and a whopping 34 lbs. lighter. You are totally rocking that DS. Wishing you continued success!

Nika
kathie09
on 9/3/11 4:43 pm - not available
Hey Nurse Nika

Yes, the 12 hour drive was so surreal. My husband and I were both so overwhelmed at what was about to happen that we held hands a lot, and talked very little. I think we both had voices in our heads during that drive!

Thanks for the kind wishes. I sure needed them tonight! I will wait for you on the darkside. I will make you a bacon flavored protein smoothie How is that for encouragement?
kathie09
Amy_Kleve
on 9/3/11 6:55 am - Adrian, MN
I felt the same as you. I was WAY more nervous and scared for the revision to DS then having the lap-band put in place. I'm like you, really no co-morbidities and my BMI was around 49 as well.
Good luck, you will do great! Good luck with everything

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 1:12 pm
Wow! Our similarities are remarkable! Thank you for the well wishes.

Nika
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/3/11 7:28 am, edited 9/3/11 9:37 am - Tuvalu

So...let me get this right...you are having MAJOR surgey in three days and you are nervous?

Congratulations...you have just passed Part One of the DS IQ test.  (I'm  band to DS revision...my doctor planned on 3.5 hours and was finished in less than 2.  Things COULD go way better than you are planning on!)

And...just in case, I'm going to ask the Gert Jonnys to sing a little song for you:

Gert Jonnys
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/3/11 7:37 am - Tuvalu
I could have sent these guys, but it you look closely, you can see why I did not...

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/3/11 7:41 am - Tuvalu

Come to think of it, you don't need to look at that closely because even from afar, these guys make a statement all their own.
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/11 9:07 am
OMG I am cracking up.  Outstanding.....  :)
Nurse N.
on 9/3/11 1:19 pm
OMG Ms. Sue! Those pics are freaking hilarious! I definitely needed some comedy relief. Your points were valid and you are right, my freaking out is because I know this is not some outpatient procedure being done, this is requiring a huge obligation mentally, physically, emotionally, financially and many many more "ally." Once again thanks for the those hideous pictures of those Boy Bands. LOL Are those real groups? Just curious...

Nika