WOW Moment - and not the good kind

Fran-I Am
on 8/30/11 2:48 am
I hope I come across how I mean to. LOL I so loved your post! I was carrying a 50# bag of horse feed out to the barn yesterday. I nomally just throw it on one shoulder and go. I stepped wrong in a low spot in the yard and down I went. I quickly looked around to see if anyone was watching because I didn't want anyone to see me struggle to get up. The word I used was not "wow."  I can so relate to what you posted!!

SW 1012/11 265#  CW 10/10 142#
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 5:42 am
Oh, trust me Fran, while I wrote "WOW" what I was really saying was
looking4loss
on 8/30/11 4:30 am - Overton, NE
Lynmarie,

I loved your post.  I had a lot of WOW moments like that myself as a pre-op.  The neck choking thing really hits home.  I can't believe how hard it was to breathe just sitting in my damn recliner.  Ridiculous.  Don't you ever feel this is selfish and inconsiderate to your family to do the surgery.  In fact, you will be doing them and yourself a favor by giving yourself a better life and better you, and you will be giving your family more years with a healthier you.  I pray you get approved.  Good luck to you!

Sarah
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 5:43 am
Thanks everyone!  You are all so inspirational to me.  I don't know what I would do without this board.  Probably RNY!  Eeek! 
CharleeG
on 8/30/11 5:43 am - Jonesboro, AR
I have so btdt and friggin hated every second of it. Best to you in your search for health and sanity!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 5:45 am
Oh, here's two more WOWs....

WOW, I cannot believe I paid $18,396 in cash for this band.  (!)

And WOW, what the hell was I thinking?

Imissthe80s
on 8/30/11 6:01 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Are you serious?! Your money down the tubes! Or actually, choking the tube! Now I'm even madder.  Stupid damn band, you coulda had a new car!

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 8:03 am
I know, can you even believe it?  What a dumbass I was. 

Girl, I am SO hoping that we can get this done in the next few months!  Hoping for December!  Fingers crossed!
Imissthe80s
on 8/30/11 11:20 pm - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
No, you were not a dumbass, you were doing something in hopes that you would better your health.  At the time, you thought that was the way to go and I'm guessing the complaints on those little aliens didn't start rolling on like crazy until the last few years, so maybe it wasn't as well known as it is now just how awful those little punks really are.

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 10:50 am - PA
Lynmarie - I LOVE your WOWs....because I have felt each and everyone of them sometime or another. 

I wish you the best in getting the DAMN BAND OUT!!!! I know I can't wait until mine is BYE BYE BYE!!!!

My thoughts are about being selfish and how this affects my family....well I guess inconveniencing (sp) for a couple weeks while I heal is better than them dealing with my DEATH for the rest of their lives, because if I don't get healthy....that's where I'm headed. 

Alisha