Who wants to go hiking with me in Iceland?

kirmy
on 8/28/11 6:32 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
www.fi.is/en/hiking-trails/laugavegurinn/

I want to go next year once I've changed jobs and saved some cash. Soooo any takers?

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/28/11 6:38 am, edited 8/28/11 6:39 am - Tuvalu

I kid you not, I was just on the iceland air website planning to plan something.

But I can't do anything right now...I have anemia!!!  (And I probably can't hike much after that because I'm ******g OLD!!)  But I could meet you at the spa afterward.
kirmy
on 8/28/11 7:30 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I will gladly bob about a thermal pool with you and provide bubbles should you require added sulpher.

You don't want to climb an active volcano with me then???

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/28/11 2:24 pm
Sigh. That sounds like a dream trip. We spent most of last September and October hiking volcanoes in Costa Rica through rain forest and soaking in hot springs. 

We DID look at Iceland beforehand, but needed to combine it with a plastic surgeon, and Iceland doesn't seem to be a mecca for the formerly obese to go and get flappy skin lopped off.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/28/11 3:32 pm - Tuvalu

That's the other trip I'm considering.   Rosenstock Lieberman.

But my sister and her husband want the European thing so badly and it fell apart and I told her I wouldn't go on a Mediterranean cruise (I can't handle being herded) but I would consider a River Cruise on a small ship.  They are a little afraid...and I can muck around in a couple of languages such that I feel quite confident ordering a high chair or explaining, in German, that my baby is constipated, read an Italian menu well enough to figure out that--as stupid Americans--we got there HOURS too early for dinner, and disuss Hemoglobin blood test results in Spanish.  So they kind of want me around.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/29/11 5:55 am
After all the touristy stuff, I stayed at Villa Le mas recovery retreat, and most of the other folks there had had surgery at RL ( I didn't, I went to Pino) and saw one of the nicest brachioplastys I've seen from RL.

I've been hearing mixed reviews on them, and some say they are having residents do most of the work which is causing the issues, but those arms, and the face lifts (two pretty thorough face lifts, and one was just upper/lower blephs) looked very nice as far as being recently out of surgery. Two of those people I remained in contact with, and after the healing was complete, other than minor issues, they were both quite happy.

There's a RL group here at OH if you don't already know.

If you go to Costa Rica and have time for tourist stuff, I have many suggestions. As long as I was there, I did the whole ball of wax.
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/11 6:39 am
memememememememememe

my dream vacation
kirmy
on 8/28/11 7:31 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
It's some hard walking...about 60 miles in 4 days. You up for it? Oh and everything is covered in metric **** tonnes of ash!

jenflock
on 8/28/11 6:50 am - TN
Of course I want to go!!! um as quick as I find a babysitter for my three hellions and a rich hubby with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel I will soooo be there!!!  

kirmy
on 8/28/11 7:31 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Bah humbug!