The Things you DIDNT expect post op.....please contribute!

Imissthe80s
on 8/26/11 4:26 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Bearmom- You give me hope! You mean there's a chance my stupid dumb skin tags will stop mutating! I despise them...grrrr! They make me feel grosser than the fat already does.

ann M.
on 8/26/11 4:30 am - Northern, VA
I've heard many PCOS folks mention that skin tags / skin discoloration went away.  There definitely is hope :)

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.

NoMore B.
on 8/27/11 1:07 am
Oh yes!  I had horrible skin tags on my neck that I used to get frozen off.  They're all gone!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 5:39 am - Beverly, NJ
You mean this black fuzz (yes I call it my fuzz) is going to go away?! YAY!  The dermatologist told me it would but to hear it from someone who has had it go away is GREAT!!! 

You just made my whole week!  Thanks for sharing!!!
ann M.
on 8/26/11 4:40 am - Northern, VA
The biggest change for me has been the change in many of the people around me.  I've always been a fairly well liked, get-along girl.  But I'm not comfortable with a lot of direct attention focused on me- I prefer the supporting actress role :). 

Now there is a lot more attention.  Some positive, some not so much.  It definitely continues to be a mental adjustment for me.

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.

Lynne
on 8/26/11 5:54 am - Macon, GA
One for me is that people now realize that there was a brain buried under all that fat.  People treat me so different, do they not realize that I didn't get smarter just because I got smaller? But at least they listen now...lol

Lynne

Highest 330,    Surgery 297,     Goal 140.     Current 130
First Dr visit - 330 -
BMI 58.4,    Surgery - 297  BMI 52.6
01/24/2011 - 196 BMI 34.7 (ONEderland YEAH!!!),                 ...GeorgiaPink
08/10/2011 Reached GOAL Baby! 140 BMI 24.0                           is my Angel.
08/24/2011
- 139 BMI 23.8 One Year Anniversary 

MizCharlotte
on 8/26/11 6:35 am - Spring, TX
I love the fact that when I am walking down a fairly narrow hallway or aisle, the people coming at me head on don't try to plaster themselves to the wall, as if they will catch something if the should happen to touch the fat lady!  They used to exaggerate the amount of room I needed.

jenflock
on 8/26/11 6:47 am - TN
Some of the changes in me that I didn't expect were the wild hormone swings.  apparently as the fat dissolves it releases them?? I get a little depressed and melancholy on occasion. ugh.  The good stuff is fitting in any chair in Dr offices, riding the rides at Dollywood with my hellions, and the clothes that I'm wearing make me soooo much happier than the crap I was forced to wear before.  I love eating all the meat and fat I can stand, but sometimes the carb monster kicks my butt.  and I have a hard time seeing myself and realizing that I'm changing..I never realized how darned big I was.

no_more_rolls
on 8/26/11 6:50 am - Jackson, MI
I am no where near goal, but I have lost quite a bit of weight so far.  I already can go up and down stairs without pain.  I've noticed I can "reach" areas of my body easier now than I could a few months ago.  I can paint my toe nails now!  People are beginning to notice my weight loss and complement me...even people that were against me having WLS.   I now have the nerve to pass gas around my hubby ...which I never did around him the 5 years pre-op we've been together.  Which is revenge for all the years he has done it to me LOL!!!   I do not sweat just going outside to enjoy the weather compared to a few months ago.  

The biggest change is the reaction of my 10 y/o daughter.  She notices men checking me out now.  She often says mom that guy checked you out or mom he was looking at you...or worst when we get home she tells "daddy" like "I" did something wrong!  The most embarrassing moment was yesterday.  We were at the grocery store and a guy was walking by.  I honestly didn't even notice him at first, but after her remark I realized I had seen him in a few other aisles.  As he approached us, she loudly said with much attitude, "Check out the ring, she's married, keep on walking!"  My face instantly turned red.  Needless to say I never saw the guy in the store again.  LOL Then as usual she told "daddy" as soon as we got home what she did and asked if he was proud of her.  I still just can not believe she did that!  
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Fade2Pink
on 8/26/11 6:57 am - Salt Lake City, UT
In no particular order:

* It's in the high '90's here today and I am wearing a long sleeve shirt.  WHAT?!  I also love to get into my car that has been sitting in the sun.  I don't even recognize me!

* My armpits are concave...I can't figure out how to shave the &$#@ things w/out pain being involved

* I pull my undies out of the dryer and still can't believe I can fit into soemthing that small

* Oh yes, the piles o' poo  - good heavens!  I have no idea where that all comes from. 

* My knees strike together when I sleep, which can kind of hurt.  It makes me wonder how skinny people ever get much sleep!

* I knew I would have hair loss, and I did.  big time.  What I didn't expect is that it came back in curly, and I think that is so fun!
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!