How much do you spend a month on vitamins??

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/25/11 3:23 am
I'm sure I spend less than just about anyone here, and I am very sale savvy. I get some necessities through Vitalady, and will order from sales that are like by two, get FIVE free. If I come across a super duper deal on something, I but tons, and often don't buy more for year. You have to be ready to spend a bit to buy things that way, but it does even out when you don't have to buy stuff again for years.

One thing you have to remember doing it that way, is to watch the expiration dates, and make sure you are always using the oldest first, so stuff doesn't expire. 

I also get stuff on the clearance table at Vitamin Shoppe that is often 90% off, but it is often because it's close to expiring, so it may have to be used before other stuff you have on hand.

Also get what you can prescribed by your doctor, like my doc prescribes high dose potassium and calcium for kidney stones. Iron and vitamin D too.

Cowgirl_X
on 8/25/11 7:23 am
I also get my vitamins from Vitalady, and although I haven't calculated it because I buy 3 to 6 months at a time, I'd guess that it comes to around what others are paying.   I just want to add that I get reimbursed for my vitamins through my medical care savings account, so I get the extra savings of getting them tax free.  I just had to have my surgeon's office provide a letter stating that the vitamins are necessary to treat (not prevent - wording is important) surgical malabsorption. 
meredith_123
on 8/25/11 10:03 am - Waterford, MI
I'm planning to follow the vitalady plan, surgery is in 2 weeks.  I've found most of the vitamins a little cheaper on other sites, I've got 3 kids, so need to watch the pennies. 
I've had good luck with Amazon, www.allstarhealth.com/li.aspx, www.swansonvitamins.com/

I pulled up the vitalady starter kit list & then in a separate window searched on Amazon.  Almost all of them were a little cheaper & most had free shipping. 
Swanson has a lot of buy 1 get 1 free.  I also google for coupon codes, just got 10% off my last order from there. 
I order my protein powder from all star.  I also got my calcium citrate from there for a good price. 
For the multi, most local stores have them on sale all the time.  I've stocked up when the store brands are buy 1 get 1 free. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157