OT - Earthquake!

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/23/11 8:23 am
Glad you're ok! How far were you from the epicenter?
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 8:30 am
DC burbs. about 87 miles from epicenter. Amazing we could feel it so strongly so far away!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Amanda-DS
on 8/23/11 4:58 am, edited 8/23/11 5:06 am
yes this california girl was doing a seat dance in western NY

the funny part was all the New Yorkers running around the office, as I calmly scooted away from the window and anything that could fall off the walls onto me.

---------hmmm maybe I will start thinking about listing my house as a beach house if all of the east coast falls off into the ocean.........the doomsday theory of California living is moving east!
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/23/11 8:24 am
Yeah my co-workers were freaking out, too. They were worried it may have been a shock from an explosion.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

* Gail R *
on 8/23/11 5:35 am - SF Bay Area, CA
What's funny to me is that there is literally world shaking news gong on in Libya and elsewhere and this is all they can talk about on the major news channels. If this happened in CA they might not even mention it! Annoying! I want the real news. My husband had to be evacuated from Tripoli where he was working and left behind everything. Wondering if it will be looted or if he can retrieve it...

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

vitalady
on 8/23/11 6:10 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
OK, this made me laugh. While visiting the "sights" in Richmond, we met a young friendly guide who knew about all there was about Gen. Lee and his times. Very broad thinking young man.

He would never EVER go W of the Mississippi, however. Because, you guessed it, EQ.

And, this bright and personable young man wanted to know if I'd seen Sasquatch. For reallies! Um, not at my LOCAL mall, no. And when I get closer to Mt Rainier (maybe 25-30 mi), he's not been at the grocery or on the hwy right then. But this guy was quite serious.

Not going West, no sir. EQ, Sasquatch. WAY too scary.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 6:12 am
I felt it near Philadelphia. But DH and two dogs in the same house did not. I told DH we just had an earthquake and he thought I was crazy - until the news came on!  I don't believe there's been any damage anywhere. But as others have said - watch out for Irene!
Michelle B.
on 8/23/11 6:59 am - Cleveland, OH
Felt it in Cleveland but it was definitely only a tiny bit..
   - Michelle -

HW: 315 | SW: 273 | CW: 142.2| GW: 125-130

MajorMom
on 8/23/11 7:32 am - VA
Evacuated our building but all present or accounted for. We're keeping a close eye on the 4 foot deep lake...tsunamis!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

NoreenRT
on 8/23/11 8:31 am - Warner Robins, GA
I was working in southern part of new jersey today.  we watched the desk tremble.  ran outside and saw the air freshener in my car swinging back and forth.  kind of surreal since the windows where closed.  very odd feeling.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)