A rant about Keshishian's program fee on the main board

Jolly Rancher
on 8/23/11 11:29 am
Stupid C U Next Tuesday! I'm glad she's taken on the good fight of getting support from the insurance companies to stop these thieves from charging WHAT THEY DESERVE to be paid in the first place. I also gave her the challenge to get our vitamins covered under prescription.......Those are a bigger, more long term, medical necessity that will eventually cost most of us a ton more than that measly program fee right??????
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
butercup
on 8/23/11 12:08 pm - Kennewick, WA
Couldn't you just go to a vetted surgeon that doesn't charge a fee instead? Uh, yes, yes you could.
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/23/11 12:23 pm
Oh no, but the poster of that thread can't have any of that, it would make too much sense

That girl had a few screws loose, and now deactivated her account.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

butercup
on 8/24/11 10:18 am - Kennewick, WA
I think through travel expenses, co pays, and other medical expenses related to getting approved for my DS I think I've spent about 1500 dollars.  I'm still not finished either. 

I understand that the Dr. wants to be paid more on top of insurance money, but that also has positive affects.  It allows him to take on medicare patients when others won't.  I don't know, I'm a firm believer in if you don't like it find another option.  Were there's a will, there's a way.

I could see what she was trying to say, but it was kinda silly to be that upset.  I also doubt insurance companies give a rats ass.  Now where's my rats ass emoticon?
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/24/11 11:26 am
On August 24, 2011 at 5:18 PM Pacific Time, butercup wrote:
I think through travel expenses, co pays, and other medical expenses related to getting approved for my DS I think I've spent about 1500 dollars.  I'm still not finished either. 

I understand that the Dr. wants to be paid more on top of insurance money, but that also has positive affects.  It allows him to take on medicare patients when others won't.  I don't know, I'm a firm believer in if you don't like it find another option.  Were there's a will, there's a way.

I could see what she was trying to say, but it was kinda silly to be that upset.  I also doubt insurance companies give a rats ass.  Now where's my rats ass emoticon?
I hear ya, I'm self pay and traveled halfway across the country for my DS. I didn't like the price quotes for self pay DS in my hometown, so I looked elsewhere and found another option in Texas. Cost me half as much and I got much better care in Denton than I would have had in NYC for 2 to 3 times the  price.

I think she was expecting a lot of sympathy, but with her attitude it just wasn't going to happen.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

MomToTeens
on 8/23/11 11:45 pm - OH
I paid it.  Cut lots of other places in my budget to get it together, but would do it again and again.  Worth every penny and then some!

I've never called or emailed with a question that I haven't received a direct response from Dr. K within the hour.

Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

larra
on 8/24/11 1:17 am - bay area, CA
Becky, the OP has long since deactivated, but do you happen to recall who she was?

I ask because her response to the very first person to reply, I think Hala, was strikingly similar to a response I got from someone on the CA forum, who was unhappy with her first surgery (I think RNY, could be wrong), and was totally and amazingly confused about how to proceed. She didn't know what type of revision, USA vs Mexico, just thoughts going in every direction.
    I replied - nicely, I might add, and without even mentioning the DS or specific surgeons, just trying to help her to sort things out. She responded by asking that I never contact her again and immediately blocked me. Sounds like her resonse to Hala, no?
    Now I'm the type of person who if you ask me not to respond to you ever again, I will honor your request. There was no need at all to block me. And she also resonded poorly to Macmadame, *****sponded with some very good advice to her on another thread on the CA forum. So this main board thread follows the same pattern, except that she seems to have some idea, maybe, of what type of revision she wants.
     So if you happen to remember, it's not important, I'm just curious. Thanks!

Larra
beemerbeeper
on 8/24/11 1:33 am - AL
Hi Larra,

I'm sorry.  I don't have any idea what the user name was.  Once I linked her thread to the DS forum I forgot all about it. 

Maybe Hala will remember? 

~Becky

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/24/11 1:53 am - Tuvalu

A couple of us quoted her, so...

"Considering LapBand" was the nom du jour.
larra
on 8/24/11 2:04 am - bay area, CA
Thanks! I didn't realize that was who you were quoting, what with her being deactivated and all.
     That's not the name of the person on the CA board that blocked me, but she could have many names by now.

Larra