Update after my hosptial stay.

teachmid
on 8/22/11 7:09 am - OKC, OK
You have certainly been through a lot in these last few weeks. Now, sounds like you're on the road to recovery...finally. Take care and be gentle with yourself. It's going to take time.

Best wishes for a smooth and complete recovery.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/22/11 7:36 am
Whoa, what a rough ride! I'm glad to hear everything is over and now you can finally start healing.

Right now you're probably exhausted, you'll need any nourishment you can get. The zofran will help lots, keep taking it, whatever helps you get protein, water and vites down!

Get better soon!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

edeldog13
on 8/22/11 7:40 am - MO

I can't imagine how awful you must have been feeling physically. I'm so glad you are really on the mend now! Grieve your loss..it is understandable.

Rest, follow the advice of the doc's, (and the vets here) and you'll be dancing soon enough!

Prayers coming your way.

Julie R.
on 8/22/11 9:35 am - Ludington, MI
 I'm so glad you have been all fixed up - despite your understandable sadness and sense of loss.    Do not be surprised if your feelings of sadness persist a bit - you are undergoing a HUGE hormonal dump right now.     Were your ovaries also removed?  If so, you've been thrust into instant menopause.   

Don't worry about the vites too much - they'll be there waiting for you.    I have heard that hysterectomies are tough recoveries, due to the area that has been incised.   My sister had a huge tumor removed off of her uterus, and still says it was worse than her DS, her c-section and two hernia repairs put together!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Band to DS
on 8/22/11 9:53 am, edited 2/3/12 10:50 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Jennifer D.
on 8/22/11 10:34 am
I hope you get to feeling like yourself again soon. It must be difficult not to have a choice in the matter of a hysterectomy but if it saves your life - i is necessary. I'll be swinging schnauzers for your quick recovery!
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 11:01 am
Listen to Calc, the supplements aren't a big deal. Getting better by taking care of yourself is the key. Glad you have a zofran script.

Gentle hugs to you,
Ratkity
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 11:14 am - San Jose, CA
Poor kid - you've had a rough time of it for sure.  At least you are now on the mend - and you will now have a new benchmark for what you are capable of dealing with, which I hope you never have to compare to anything ever again!

And yay for mom coming to the rescue!
prettypixels
on 8/22/11 11:51 am
Wow, you have had a lot to deal with! I hope things settle down and you can heal. I'm so sorry you had to go through this!
Sarah F.
on 8/22/11 12:02 pm
You are in my prays. Feel better.