dumb NUT!

Elizabeth N.
on 8/21/11 4:47 am - Burlington County, NJ
You are the one who knows somewhere in your brain why you eat the way you do. If it's safe enough, the information will come out. In my experience that "getting to safety" part can be really tough. If at some level you perceive yourself as not being in a safe enough place, you're likely to block the really hard stuff out.

Several drinks socially 2-3 times a month might or might not be a problem. My therapist would basically be asking, "Why?" like an overgrown 4-year-old (in somewhat more elegant language, well, most of the time****il I got to real answers, about ANY potentially problem behavior. '

It isn't about the food or the booze. It's about WHY. Therapists get hung up on changing behaviors without healing the why's. That's a HUGE downside to the current fad of CBT, which is taught everywhere as the gold standard of therapy, and it ain't.

beemerbeeper
on 8/21/11 2:23 am - AL
I don't know what he "wants" his patients to do in terms of follow-up I'm just telling you what I do, which is send him my labs.  If I had a surgical issue I would contact him but for labs?  Total waste of time.

~Becky

Renee2007
on 8/21/11 2:18 am - Central, FL
 I just wanted to add that I never saw a NUT post-op. I did meet with one prior to my surgery one time simply because my surgeon required it. I was self-pay and traveled from FL to PA for my surgery. You can get all of the post-op information concerning diet and vitamins right here. We won't steer you wrong!

I do all of my blood work through my PCP.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

honeybadger 11
on 8/21/11 3:12 am - FL
Thanks Renee! I believe COMPLETELY in this board and all the vets on here that support us! thank you for all that you do:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com