Low Carb Fudge, family loves but I haven't tried

no_more_rolls
on 8/20/11 5:48 am - Jackson, MI
Avoiding sweets is probably good advice...especially for a goodie hound like me.  LOL  Although a lot of sweets smell really gross to me right now.  The only ones that I even think of are the ones that are rich dark chocolate.  I still haven't tried a piece of this fudge yet.  It's calling my name.  I'm hoping the family finishes it before I try it and destroy my love of chocolate...or worst tolerate it and want to eat too much of it.   ugh
beemerbeeper
on 8/20/11 5:54 am - AL
Try a cake shake with some of your chocolate protein powder.

~Becky

no_more_rolls
on 8/20/11 5:59 am - Jackson, MI
I have the recipe bookmarked!  I have just been so afraid to try it.  I tried the protein coffee without luck.  When I have a few "good" days I might just have to try that ;)
beemerbeeper
on 8/20/11 6:03 am - AL
It doesn't taste or smell like protein powder.  It has the texture of a cupcake.  I bet you will enjoy.

~B

no_more_rolls
on 8/20/11 6:16 am - Jackson, MI
Oh I believe you Becky!   I've seen the reviews.  The problem is I will have to wear a mask over my nose when I make it or if I smell the protein powder I will most likely end up sick before I could try it...and it would ruin the next several hours for me.  

I recently started teaching my 10 y/o daughter to cook (and clean).  Maybe I will give her the recipe and tell her she can make herself one if she makes me one ;)  I just hope she won't want frosting.  lol
elixir
on 8/20/11 5:13 am - MI
I think I'll try this tonight! Paula Deen has a fudge recipe using Velveeta. I don't normally buy Velveeta so I don't know if it has more protein than cream cheese.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/chocolate-chee se-fudge-recipe/index.html

With the protein powders is it the whey that's bothering you? Have you tried soy, egg or plant based protein? I think it was Julie who found pea-based protein powder on Vitacost. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Julie R.
on 8/20/11 5:17 am - Ludington, MI
 Hijack - love your hat.   You're getting to be quite the pretty lil' thang, aren't cha?
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

no_more_rolls
on 8/20/11 5:26 am - Jackson, MI
LOL I agree with Julie!  I think my youngest daughter would try to kidnap that hat!  I saw your new profile pic earlier and went to your profile to see if there were more...NOPE!  So I tried your blog...NOPE!  Oh well, guilty here of limited pics too   
elixir
on 8/20/11 5:32 am - MI
My mom that Gir hat for me. She's such a good knitter/crocheter. I don't have the patience (or skill!) to do it myself. If you, or someone you know knits I can send you the pattern. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

elixir
on 8/20/11 6:03 am - MI
 Thanks, Julie. I'm workin' on the lil part. I've lost 57 pounds, but the only place you can see it is in my face, arms and boobs. I'd like to request that it reduce my waistline next please. Who do I put that request in to?