Manchego Cheese Recipes?

Jolly Rancher
on 8/21/11 8:35 am
Anyone have any good recipes that include Manchego cheese? I picked some up at the grocery today, because it looked interesting. I've searched for recipes now, but nothing looks appealing. Does anyone have any uses for Manchego they'd like to share?

I also picked up a round of Queso Panela based on Beemer's recommendation as a frying cheese. I haven't tried it yet, but anyone else like it? Any other uses besides frying?

I'm trying the cook at home thing for a while, as I'm so sick of eating out, and looking for some good cheesy recipes. Of course, I have the line up of all the other usual suspects of cheeses, so I'll take anything.

Thanks in advance.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
newyorkbitch
on 8/21/11 8:45 am
Eat it at room termperature,  accompanied by a glass of fullbodied red wine.  Enjoy.
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/21/11 10:53 am

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

levittown_loser
on 8/21/11 8:52 am - Levittown, PA
I was going to say the same thing ... room temp ... wine if you indulge :)    I've never cooked with it.   I wonder how it would do fried to make a crisp?   Try it!    It's such an awesome nutty cheese.   Maybe drizzeled with a thick aged balsamic :)

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

newyorkbitch
on 8/21/11 8:54 am
Oh yes on the balsamic...I'd also suggests some good pork product....prosciutto,  jamon iberico,  speck,  pancetta...something along those lines.

A good baguette would be nice too...drizzled with a good olive oil...
levittown_loser
on 8/21/11 8:57 am - Levittown, PA
I'm drooling here as this is the basis of my favorite types of meals :)

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Jolly Rancher
on 8/21/11 9:05 am
You are making me hungry! I may just try it tonight!!!!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Jolly Rancher
on 8/21/11 9:04 am
Thank you both! I'm certainly not opposed to trying it with a nice glass of wine!! I saw recipe online that make crisps with it. I love nutty cheeses, but I've never tried this. Is it similar to asiago?
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
newyorkbitch
on 8/21/11 9:08 am
All depends on the quality of the cheese.... manchego should have a crumblier texture and nuttier flavor.  Take it out of the fridge!

Jolly Rancher
on 8/21/11 9:10 am
Thanks!!! Done!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW