My turn, my turn! Here's my funny story for today...

beth-28
on 8/19/11 11:43 am
So this morning, after only 3 and 1/2 hours of sleep (damn insomnia), a horrendous calf cramp mangled my foot (toes sticking out in every  direction, foot curling up into unnatural angles) pysically throwing me out of my bed, while screaming for my husband! He came running into our bedroom, and between the obscenities I gasped out ...cramp...calf...oh god...more obscenities, hubby understood my need! DH tells me, while massing my leg, that I am terrifying my poor rabbit!

It seems that my darling rabbit, whose name is Puck, thought I was screaming his name (the particular obscenity I was screaming rhymes with Puck).

So after we rescued my poor, possesed foot, I had to go and love on my bunny and reassure him that it was not his name I was taking in vain and I would try not to use that word again and confuse him.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/19/11 11:47 am

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/11 12:28 pm
Bahahahaha, poor wabbit.  Gib him LOLsnuggles from me and Boss kitty (not the kitty in avatar).

Note to self: Never name an animal Puck or other similar sounding name!!!

Hugs,
Ratkity

beth-28
on 8/19/11 1:44 pm
I had to touch his soft belly when he wasn't paying me any attention...he hates that. lol

But I couldn't resist!

2bee.or.not2bee
on 8/19/11 12:47 pm
 Cute! Poor little Puck!

Romans 8:28                                  VSG 1/23/10  DS 5/15/11

VSG weight = 143 kg  VSG low = 116 kg  DS weight = 141.5
Nurse N.
on 8/19/11 1:09 pm
Oh f*** Puck, that sucks! LOL Silly Rabbit!!!

Nika

Lapband September 2007------>Revision to Duodenal Switch September 6, 2011

*A SETBACK IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A COMEBACK!

beth-28
on 8/19/11 1:42 pm
Lol!

beemerbeeper
on 8/19/11 1:21 pm - AL
There was no need to explain about the rhyming.  I was already laughing.  And welcome to my life about the cramps.

Here's what I know...  It is a balancing act between Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium.  Hydration plays a huge part.  Caffeine will cause me to have cramps because (I suppose) it is dehydrating.

I get them so bad that my calves hurt for days after.

If your potassium levels are normal add more magnesium.  Magnesium levels seem to be very non-informative.  Mine have always been "normal."

I love rabbits.  I'm going to get one one day and name it Puck.  Is yours housebroken?  Can you post a photo?

~Becky

beth-28
on 8/19/11 1:41 pm
I'm glad I could make people laugh (Puck probably doesn't though).    Becky, I have gleaned much wisdom from this board and have large bottles of both next to me. However, since I had this really bad one this am (honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised to see an alien pop out of my calf!), my DH got me some OTC leg cramp med that has Quinine in it.

I hope and pray that this will work the magic that it usually does.

I have many pics of both of my bunny babies, Puck and Kairi and both are housebroken. They have a comfy 2-story condo in their bedroom that they graciously share with me and DH. They have the run of the room, and sleep and eat in the condo at their leisure.

Dear Puck was a rescue, he came with that name......and he definately knows his name....lol!  I will post some pics...give me a few minutes to try to figure out how to do it.

beemerbeeper
on 8/19/11 1:51 pm - AL
I will have a rabbit one day.  I never had a bird and when I became single again I got two parakeets and I enjoy them. 

The one animal I have ALWAYS wanted is a goat.  Now that will take some doing but it is in the master plan. 

Let me know if the Quinine helps. 

~Becky