Don't judge a book by it's cover or a doctor by his "nurse"

beemerbeeper
on 8/19/11 12:24 pm - AL
Thanks Brenda.  Having to change doctors sucks.  I was expecting a fight about the labs.  My signed lab slip is worth it's weight in gold to me.

~Becky

elixir
on 8/19/11 10:57 am - MI
I'm looking for a new PCP also. Is this new doc an internist or like a regular family doctor? I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I hope I'm able to find someone as helpful as your new doctor, sans the crummy nurse.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

beemerbeeper
on 8/19/11 11:05 am - AL
His practice is called internal medicine but I don't know if he is internal medicine or family practice.  He did all his studies from undergrad thru Medical School at UAB (Univ AL Birmingham) and did his residency at a community family practice or internal medicine residency program In Birmingham.  He said he learned a LOT about real world medicine there.

I really liked him a lot.  But of course I tend to like people who do what I ask them to do. lol.  And I like Docs who actually talk t you and look at you and treat you like an intelligent human.

~Becky

Generic User_Name
on 8/19/11 9:51 pm
 Becky,

UAB's Medical School (or more accuragely, the University of Alabama Medical School) does have a good reputation.  I know that from living in the area for 15 years.

Good docs are so hard to find so congrats on finding a keeper.

beemerbeeper
on 8/20/11 5:37 am - AL
Yes, you are right.  And Roll Tide and all that.

~Becky

Generic User_Name
on 8/20/11 7:12 am
 Becky,

Friends don't let friends go to Auburn!!!!!!!!!!!  You have been in the state of Alabama long enough to know that!!!  LOL!!

Oh, yeah!  Roll Tide and all that!!!

no_more_rolls
on 8/20/11 8:53 am - Jackson, MI
Elixir, If you don't mind coming out to Ann Arbor, MI area I have a great PCP!  He was actually familiar with the DS and very open to me getting the DS.  He is in charge of a resident clinic.  If you ever need an appointment, it is easy to get in to see a resident and he always reviews your chart while you are there.  He will also order any testing you want/need.  His staff is even great...which is more than I can say about other docs.  I actually found him when I was disgruntled with another doc and his staff.  Just drop me a message if you're interested and I will send you his info.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/11 11:05 am
 Finding size four clothing on sale? Awesome! But I bet it's easier to find small or normal sized clothing on sale than it is to find plus size (or plus, plus size!) clothing on sale. 

In addition, it's just plain MORE FUN to buy size four clothing—on sale or otherwise.

Glad you found a great doctor. My insurance dropped my PCP of twelve years (he was on probation for something...probably narcotic related). It took me months to find a good replacement. There are a lot of lousy, uncaring, incompetent doctors out there. It makes you wonder how the hell they got through medical school.

Lynda

beemerbeeper
on 8/19/11 12:29 pm - AL
Lynda,

Oh I know finding plus sized clothes on sale is impossible.  Buying clothes on sale was a new thing for me, especially because I know that when I buy out of season clothes on sale I will be able to wear them when the season comes back around.  I NEVER bought out of season clothes before, ever.  Who could predict what size I would be in 6 months?  Not me!!!

But finding size 4s where I shop (Belk's, Penny's, Kohls) is not easy.  So I was excited!! 

~Becky

Lori F.
on 8/19/11 4:32 pm - Chula Vista, CA
 OMG- You're so right! I NEVER shop out of season for clothes because I NEVER know what size I wil be! Haha! I'm not the only one! I hope my DS comes through... I've NEVER worn a size four. I went right from little girls to size 10 iwomen's in ONE YEAR. Uuggh!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49