Why do I need to take Prilosec?

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/19/11 12:17 pm
On August 19, 2011 at 7:03 PM Pacific Time, sherryatlarge wrote:

Yes, he said one a day for six months.  I'll start :)

What is the probotic ya'll use?
I use sustinex, but it doesn't do anything for me in my case.

Yogurt and kefir is also good to balance the intestinal flora.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

kramer5
on 8/19/11 10:14 am - Washington, KS
Do you all just take over the counter stuff or do you find that you need something stronger?
Dawn

(deactivated member)
on 8/19/11 10:24 am
 Dawn prilosec is OTC
newyorkbitch
on 8/19/11 10:50 am
It is also available by prescription - my internist prescribes it to me and therefore it is covered by insurance.  But of course this might not be the case for everyone.

PattyL
on 8/19/11 11:32 am
 Some take it forever and some never need it.  I have never taken anything for acid and have no problems.  If you don't need it, great.  If you do, take it.
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/11 12:36 pm
Funny coincidence, I just bought myself the generic Prilosec today.  I've been having mild to moderate heartburn these past few days.  I saw my NP yesterday and she told me to get it.  If you need it, definitely take it.
Psyche
on 8/20/11 3:28 am
I was on an acid blocker and stopped 15 months post op, as per my primary care doctor. 3 weeks later, on Thanksgiving, I was in so much pain that I almost ended up at the ER, and I have a high pain tolerance. My doctor called in a prescription for narcotics and told me to get back on my acid blockers immediately. I took those plus some anti-acids and within 24 hours I was feeling somewhat human again. My stomach felt raw, but it was tolerable. We have tested a couple times since then and sure enough, without the acid blockers, I get in a mess of pain.

I am a lifer. It is a small price to pay.
SW 280 / GW 150 / CW 128.8

Reconstructive surgery, under construction!

Lower Body Lift - 12/14/2011 - Atlanta VA Medical Center
Brachioplasty & Mastopexy w/Augmentation - 03/14/2012 - Dr Marisa Lawrence