In Hospital.. Need some advice..

newyorkbitch
on 8/19/11 11:57 am, edited 8/19/11 11:58 am
What is is that you want your doctor to do right now?

KimberlyHeidi
on 8/19/11 12:01 pm - VA
 to get Dr E to look at the scans and see if they are missing anything and to figure out what is going on and get me some pain and anti nausea meds so I feel better. 
newyorkbitch
on 8/19/11 12:03 pm
He's not a radiologist.  And you were told that he DID look at them.

And they have you on pain and anti-nausea meds.

KimberlyHeidi
on 8/19/11 12:11 pm, edited 8/19/11 12:11 pm - VA
 So he shouldnt look at my scans and the results? Even though the Drs here dont seem to be very familar with the DS even though I got it done here. I was told he looked at the initial one when I was in the ER and only wanted to be consulted if it was a surgical matter. However with this amount of pain and not going to the bathroom without enemas etc I feel there is some kind of issue. 

The Drs here said they only call if its a surgicial issue but all this happened after surgery so I view it as one. I came all this way to his hospital to be able to be close to him and where I had surgery. 

I am on pain meds that dont work and not even half the dose of my daily anti nausea meds. 

Edited first line to make more sense 
newyorkbitch
on 8/19/11 12:17 pm
You're obviously feeling well enough to sit up in bed and hang out on the internet and type your head off.  If you were in "unbearable pain" you'd be writhing around ahd screaming until somebody gave you some morphine.

That's nice that you "view it as a surgical issue" but clearly multiple doctors disagree with you.

You don't like it...go to another hospital and see if somebody there will do something different.

KimberlyHeidi
on 8/19/11 12:25 pm - VA
 I am laying down and typing there is really nothing else I can do but lay here in bed. Screaming doesnt get anyone anywhere.

Its a surgicial issue if this didnt happen before surgery and the Dr said unless Dr E gets to cut he most likely wont come to see me and thats just the way surgeons are. I however dont think that is right and think he should review the results and scans and see if someone is missing something as the Drs didnt all clearly understand the DS and kept ref it to as gastric bypass no matter how many times I corrected them.

I dont like it and thats why I went to my surgeons hospital. I thought that was the RIGHT thing to do since he is the one who operated on me and this is where I had my surgery done. 
newyorkbitch
on 8/19/11 9:04 pm
If you can't get satisified there, go to another hospital.
Jolly Rancher
on 8/19/11 1:16 pm
Thank you for always telling it like it is.
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
KimberlyHeidi
on 8/19/11 11:13 am - VA
 Beth: No I dont think you are being mean at all. I tried being nice and now I am just in a pissy mood. I have told them I feel worse than when I was in labor and the sign they made which shows the date room number etc is a joke because the first thing they wrote down for me is excellent quality care is pain and nausea control and care goals are comfort which I am not getting any of. I have asked to speak with someone else but am told everyone else is at home and there wont be many people to speak with tomorrow.

I know Dr E's office isnt open tomorrow and they are going to try and release me tomorrow. I discharged myself from my hospital to come here where I assumed they would know more about the procedure since they did it here and to be at Dr E's hospital which has been nothing short of a nightmare. 

I honestly dont have much family my mom is 3 hours away watching my son and my husband is a jerk who wont open his mouth at all and useless in this situation and i mean completely useless. He sides with the Drs and tells me to just deal with it. 

As far as the blood they said since nothing showed on my EGD they arent concerned with it. My stomach looks like I am pregnant I am so bloated. The only time I am having bm's is with meds and enemas as well as gas. My pain is so severe I would like to shoot myself in the foot. I am just lost here. 
mylittleblackdress
on 8/19/11 11:57 am - FL
I used to work at that hospital and have been a patient as well as one of my kids was a patient there and unless things have changed dramatically since I left (which was quite a while ago I admit) there is always a nursing supervisor who is over the charge nurses who is available when things get dicey.  They usually cover several floors/departments.  Call her/him.  If that doesn't get you some action call the Director of Nursing who is usually working during the day, Monday-Friday, which won't help you this weekend but someone is covering for her/him.  A hospital of that size is loaded with bureaucracy, but you can navigate it with persistence.

FYI--You probably have been seen by medical residents--they report to an attending MD.  My experience is that they can be stubborn SOBs and will likely label you a whiner and may not help much so you need a vocal advocate.  Get a family member in there pronto to make some noise. Something is clearly not right.

Also every hospital has an Ombudsman to help you when you need an advocate.  Call them!  Put your foot down!

Good luck!
Lisa