Waiting onVitalady reply,,

Mel_Ga
on 8/18/11 11:30 am
to e-mail and it has been a few days so I thought I would see  if I could get info here.  Does anyone know how big the Dry A, E, D and K are when you get them separate?  Also my husband ordered a huge thing of the tender iron and I just can't take them:(  I even had a bad dream about them.lol  I hate that we wasted that money (we are self pay for my sugery!)  anyway, I have to move on and get som ething  different for my Iron and wondered what to get and will I be ok not taking the iron while I wait for a shipment.  I am a month out from my DS.  Thanks!!
sdld2001
on 8/18/11 12:02 pm - Summerville, SC
If I remember correctly (I have them separated for the month and sometimes don't remember which is what) the A and K are tiny, D is a little bigger, and E is a bit bigger than that. None of them are very large and they are capsules so they slide down easier.

Why could you not take the tender iron? Is it the size? If so, once you are farther out you may be able to tolerates them more. I take the Heme Iron but it's not a capsule and is bigger than the tender iron if I remember correctly.  It is coated though and I only take 1 per day. It causes zero tummy issues.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
beemerbeeper
on 8/18/11 12:36 pm - AL
The A D and K1 and K2 are tiny.  The E is a little larger but still smaller than a calcium for example.

Did you get the Tender Iron Chewables?

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 12:36 pm - Yorktown, VA
I took these pics awhile back for another purpose, but here you go!

calcium, A (2), D, E, my multivitamin

The Ks are virtualy the same size as the As (tiny).
Lisa A.
on 8/18/11 12:46 pm - Windsor, NY
What kind of calcium do you take? Are they the blue pills? Also what is your multivitamin and do you only take one? Do you take any iron? Just curious what other people take (I know everyone is different).

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 1:09 pm - Yorktown, VA
The blue pills are vitalady's calcium citrate only.  My multivitamin is the generic equivalent of centrum sliver.  (I get the silver because it has no iron, so won't compete with my calcium.)

I take much  more than what's in that one pic!  I did a post quite awhile ago about what I take and I took a pic of each dose.  This was my 2nd dose of the day. 

RIght now I take:

Batch 1:
600mg calcium citrate
multivitamin
B complex
50k A
50K D

Batch 2:
600mg calcium citrate
multivitamin
50k A
50k D
400IU E

Batch 3:
600mg calcium citrate
50k D
1000k K1
150 K2

Batch 4:
600mg calcium citrate
1000k K1
150 K2

Batch 5: (right before bed)
100 zinc

Batch 6: (middle of night when I get up to pee)
3 tener irons....working my way up to 5
vitalady
on 8/18/11 12:50 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I'm sorry it takes forever. It took nearly 30 minutes to pull up this post! Some nights you get a fast connection, some nights... not so much.

E equals Tylenol
D3-50 would fit inside it
D3-5 would fit inside THAT, so Benadryl size
A, and the K's are the same or smaller.

You can just roll them around in your mouth and swallow, if you want.

Which form of iron?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/18/11 3:35 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Call them about returning the iron. What's the problem with them for you? Did you get the chewables or the capsules?

The dry A and D are little bitty capsules and the E is one size down from biggest of the capsules, probably size 0.

Mel_Ga
on 8/19/11 4:25 am
Thanks everyone. My husband is working on the third order for me in a month.  I guess he didn't realize the tender iron was the grey chewables and I gag on the taste.  Can that be returned.  I have tried swallowing them like pills etc, but there are too many to take like that.

Also, donl't I need to space iron out from my thyroid meds?  How long?  Thanks

We have an order to put in to get the right stuff. I do hope the chewable tender iron can be returned, but with this being our third order in a month, we that will be over $30 for shipping so I don't know how much it would cost to ship the tender iron chewables back???