Way OT: A little embarrassing and TMI

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 5:11 am - OH
Ok....so this is a little embarrasing, but I've heard alot of people on here talking about so I figured this was the place to ask.

I'm pre-op, but I think I may have a fissure.  The last 3 days there has been an increasing amount of bright red blood after using the restroom, however it isn't really painful at all, but I was a bit constipated.  I have an appt with my PCP tomorrow. 

I have always heard that fissures were very painful, so the fact that I'm not in pain and the fact that the amount of blood is quite significant and has increased over the last 3 days is quite concerning.  I guess I'm just hoping to hear from someone who has had one to tell me they had the same symptoms because if that's not what it is then I'm a bit worried since the other reasons for rectal bleeding are more serious.  Also, if you saw your doctor for the problem what type of exams or tests did you have done?

Thank-you
Nissa_M
on 8/18/11 5:26 am - TX
A regular hemerroid can bleed. My 8 year old has one from straining/constipation. We put her on fiber and miralax and it's much better.
kramer5
on 8/18/11 5:26 am - Washington, KS
I'm also pre-op but, unfortunately, I have a lot of experience with butt problems.

You could have internal hemmroids...I have had both internal and external hemmroids and the internal ones typically don't hurt, for me, they just cause pressure and bleeding.  The external ones are hell, especially if they become thrombosed.  I've had an external hemmroid opened at least 5 times and considered a hemmroidectomy but chickened out.

My PCP told me that the main things you have to watch for with internal hemmroids is that you don't lose too much blood, that you try to keep things moving without straining, and that they don't push outside your body (have had that happen and ouch!).

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!
Dawn

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 5:53 am - OH
Thank-you. Internal hemorrhoids could be the problem since I'm not having any pain. I'm really hoping that's what it is because the bleeding is quite significant and a bit shocking.  
kmg9122
on 8/18/11 12:00 pm - Spring, TX
Don't have any advice but wishing you luck and good wishes with your appointment tomorrow!

Kathi - Houston, Texas
2008 - Lap Band  Hoping for revision to DS Mar 2012
Jewel506 is my Angel!