Acidic Foods/Drinks?

kramer5
on 8/17/11 10:49 am - Washington, KS
Do you, or did you have, problems with acidic foods or drinks after your surgery?  My urologist told me to drink lemonade daily for the type of kidney stones I get but I wondered if it would be considered an iritant.

Thanks,
Dawn

Elizabeth N.
on 8/17/11 11:04 am - Burlington County, NJ
Well, I drink tea and various kinds of diet soda daily with no problem. Did that starting a couple months out.

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 11:19 am
Wait, you can drink diet soda?????????????  Seriously???????????   I haven't had a soda since I put this stupid crap band in me over 4 years ago. 

OMG I hope this is true of everyone.  I'd love to have a diet soda every now and again...
Elizabeth N.
on 8/17/11 11:45 am - Burlington County, NJ
YMMV, but yup, I drink the stuff daily. Makes me a sinner in the eyes of some purists.

Kathleen F.
on 8/17/11 12:54 pm
Sure. I drink diet soda, no problem. Those fresh out of surgery might want to let it go a little flat at first, but later on out it doesn't seem to be a problem with most people.
Kayla B.
on 8/17/11 11:09 am - Austin, TX
I had no issues with acidic foods that I recall.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
AllieInOntario
on 8/17/11 11:45 am, edited 8/16/11 11:46 pm
Confession time - 8 weeks out this week, started sipping on Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale (cuz it is made with real ginger) last week. Got rid of that horrible acidy tummy feeling. Lots of ice and SLOW tiny sips. I use it as a treat at night. Started drinking sugar free ice tea... which I thought I would hate, but like it. :) Oh... and garden tomatoes... my stomach seems quite happy to have them :)
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/17/11 12:27 pm
I had a lot of problems with acidic food for the first 7 months, and had to continue taking acid blockers after the first 6 months. Tomatoes, lemons, oranges, it all felt like battery acid in the tummy. However, I could tolerate soda as long as I did't chug it. everyone's different, you may have no problems at all, who knows :)
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com