Next step...

LK_NC
on 8/18/11 6:35 am
Yes - sorry grams.  The only other protein is what I try to eat by mouth every day and that comes back up 80% of the time.  The J-tube is inserted in the bypassed portion of the small intestine (I guess you would call that the limb) - so I was hoping malabsorption would not be that bad.  I have ordered from vitalady and have everything here to take that is in the recommend supplements for DSers.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/18/11 6:36 am - Burlington County, NJ
You still have a short gut. You still have bad malabsorption. I'll bet good money that you need fixit stuff, not just DS stuff.

Nissa_M
on 8/18/11 5:24 am - TX
Sorry you're dealing with this! Have you tried natural remedies? Ginger, peppermint, etc?

I think if it's what you need $400 seems a fair trade for feeling well. Though I realize it would get spendy long term. Hope you can get it under control.

beth-28
on 8/18/11 5:28 am
What does Dr. Sudan say about why you are vomiting so much?
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

LK_NC
on 8/18/11 5:36 am
I am not sure of the mechanics of why some people get nausea/vomiting and others do not.  What I have heard mentioned is dehydration and the hormone dumping.  I do know that if either of those get out of control - you can spiral downward quickly and its hard to recover.  Having lost 110 lbs in a very short period of time - may have contributed to the hormone situation being worse.

kramer5
on 8/18/11 5:34 am - Washington, KS
Most phara companies have a program that may be able to help you (that sounded like a commerical..LOL).  Now, if you have enough money to pay for it they probably won't help you but it can't hurt to try.  Have you talked to your doctor about providing you with samples?  My doctor's been very good about that, especially if it's something that most people aren't using.  When I was on an expensive anti-depressant he was getting samples monthly and would give me some samples so that I wouldn't have to buy an entire months worth (this was before I had insurance).  Every little bit helps.

Good Luck!

Dawn

LK_NC
on 8/18/11 5:40 am
Update on Zofran - I called Walgreens.  Prescription is $368 a month.  If a sign up for a Walgreens card - it would be $215 a month.

I think that is an option I will look into........
Elizabeth N.
on 8/18/11 6:21 am - Burlington County, NJ

Yeah, definitely! Breaking that vomiting cycle is of utmost importance. Good that you can do better pricewise than you thought.

beemerbeeper
on 8/18/11 6:58 am - AL
FYI

You don't have to buy a whole month of a prescription at one time.  You can buy one day, 3 days, one week, etc... to see if it is going to help you.

Some folks don't know that.

~Becky

vitalady
on 8/18/11 12:43 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
More like $30/mo via Costco.

You do not have to be a member to get rx there.

Be sure to tell them it is OFF INSURANCE.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.