Birthday Ponderings???

yorkieGal
on 8/18/11 1:31 am - Clermont, FL
hey Guys, so today is my 41st birthday, phew!!!!
I try and take a minute on days like these to just sit for a te and really think about what I have accomplished in the last year and what I plan on accomplishing in the year to come. So (thinking out loud), here's what I thought this moring while having my morning coffee!!

Over the last year I have maged to pay off all the debts left when my husband died suddenly, I managed to rebuild the business and find a buyer for it (when I took it over it was losing money and no one would have bought it), I remodelled our vacation home and managed to find a buyer for that.
On a personal note I have a new relationship with a supportive man who loves me for me and understands the devastation left over when your partner commits suicide and gives me the space to grieve in my own way.

I am considering whether to move back to the Uk to work with my family business which cou be complicated due to my relationship with my Mom or whether to go back to Social work, take my Masters degree here in Florida. I have got to the point where I am going to do what makes me happy and stop people pleasing, regardless of how this may rock the boat with my family. Phew......This is a hard one for me!!

As for weight, I am struggling with a small regain of about 8lbs from my low weight but I am a determined thing and not prepared to give up.
I now work out 4 times a week and have got my body fat down to 20% which I am pretty stoked about!! I pln on having plastics at the end of the year, TT and arm lift and if he will do it all at once, then I am going to get my some new Boobies!!! I deserve this and I think its going to be a new start for me!!

Anyway, I am thankful for all my friends on OH and love our daily banter in such a positive environment. I appreciate you more than you know!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

teachmid
on 8/18/11 2:07 am - OKC, OK
Happy Birthday, Yorkie. What an eventful year!! You are a strong and successful woman.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

BBoop
on 8/18/11 2:54 am
Today is my birthday, too...I'm 66 years young.

Happy Birthday to both of us!

B
dogma2karma
on 8/18/11 3:17 am - Suburbia, CA
 Happy Birthday, YG!  I am glad to hear that you are celebrating surviving the last year with grace.  Having big plans for the upcoming year is a great way to begin this year.  I look forward to seeing the great things that will come for you.

D2K 
259.5/227.5/122/118
8.5 months post DSNormal BMI, woohoo!
Blank Out
on 8/18/11 3:23 am
 You have much to be proud of!  Happy birthday!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

dgb123
on 8/18/11 3:49 am - Fairfax, VA
Dear Yorkie -

Many, many good wishes to you on your birthday.  You have been through so much and have come through it with such determination.  You should feel very proud.

Have fun today!!

Donna

p.s. Your plastics itinerary sounds exactly like mine!!! 

Nicolle
on 8/18/11 3:58 am
Happy birthday! I like that you take stock of your life on this day each year. Great idea! You have much to be proud about! You are a veritable phoenix and are capable of doing anything!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

yorkieGal
on 8/19/11 3:44 am - Clermont, FL

Hey Miss thing! How the heck are ya? I miss ya!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Janine P.
on 8/18/11 4:05 am - Long Island, NY
You've had an amazingly accomplished year and your upcoming year sounds like it's going to be just as amazing.

Happy Birthday!!!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Nurse N.
on 8/18/11 4:13 am
Happy Birthday, and Congratulations on making it through your storm with your sanity! What a great way to start your "new year" by reflecting on your past and moving toward the present and your future. Your schedule for this year sounds remarkable, and the key thing about it is....it's all about you! That's an awesome thing to aspire to do, because as women (wives, mothers, daughters, friends) we forget about ourselves. I'm such a people pleaser, and sometimes it's hard to swallow that pill and say, "It's all about me!" Good luck with all of your endeavors, and wishing you many, many more birthdays.

Nika

Lapband September 2007------>Revision to Duodenal Switch September 6, 2011

*A SETBACK IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A COMEBACK!