The DS and eating out?

yorkieGal
on 8/18/11 1:14 am - Clermont, FL
Hi , we eat out quite a lot as there is just the 2 of us.

I love fish and seafood, steak, chicken, crab cakes you name it!!lol

We have a Chilli's very close by and I usually order the salmon and lime garlic shrmp combo but instead of the mashed potatoes and veggie, I order it on a bed of caesar salad (no croutons, extra dressing and parmesan shavings). I usually order a "skinny" drink as my other half calls it, Vodka, soda, 4 lime wedges. I squeeze the lime wedges in and add half a pk splenda and it tastes just like an expensive high carb drink!!

At outback and longhorn I often have the Fillet with the extra butter and parmesan crust with a salad with extra dressing. I always order the chilled shrimp ****tail too!!

We have a Tavern nearby us and they have peel and eat shrimp by the pint or quart. I usually order my skinny drink, my big old portion of peel and eat shrimp (cooked in old bay), lots of lemon wedges, extra spicy ****tail sauce and garlic mayo and chow down right there on the lake!!! Oh god, its only 11am and ow I want peel and eat shrimp lol

california pizza kitchen has some great stuff too. Renee and I went there the other day for lunch and I had a grilled veggie salad with balsamic dressing and took the option to add both the salmon and the shrimp. I added a ton of extra mayo and it was divine. This is a great option if your other half loves pizza but doesnt have it so much now you're a post op - Jamie and I will definitely be going there in future as he is a pizza fiend!!

I love my Ds and eating out is fun now as opposed to when I had my strangle band. Just start slow, watch for too much fat early out and be careful with salad in case you get a reaction while away from home (btw it doesnt do this to everyone, it has never gone right through me at all and caused no intestinal discomfort). Everyone is different so its trial and error for a while ok??

Lots of love

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/18/11 4:54 am
LOL!

There's a drink widely known amongst bartenders as the "skinny *****", it's a diet coke with a shot of vanilla vodka (or other flavored vodka of the customer's choice). It's not bad!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Nicolle
on 8/18/11 1:56 am
I am 3.5 years out from my DS. I eat out at restaurants--both fast and quite slow--a few times a week. I eat whatever I want, as long as I do my protein first. I make no revisions to the menu.

I often have a salad or soup first and then order a protein-y entree like steak, burger or chicken. Then I have dessert. I probably eat 1/2 to 2/3 of my entree and take the rest home, like the lady I am!

When we go to the Outback, I devour a goodly amount of the Blooming Onion, a Caesar salad or the blue cheese salad wedge, some steak and sometimes dessert. I have a little of the brown bread and butter, too.

I am not as big a fan of pasta places as before my DS. When I go to an Italian restaurant, I try to order something with steak in it. For example, my sons love the Olive Garden, so when we go, I order the Steak Gorgonzola. I eat most of the medallions and some of the pasta.

At McDonalds, I eat the Big Mac, take off the top bun (wasted carbs, in my opinion), flip over the middle bun and eat the whole thing. I don't like french fries as much as I used to before the DS, so I eat a few of my husband's or kids' fries. I drink Diet Coke. I am known for swinging in there for ice cream cones. I also get the Sausage Egg and Cheese McGriddle now and again and love it.

No ordeal. Just pleasure and nutrition, the way food should be.

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!