Having trouble eating.

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 2:37 pm
I'm being metaphorical about the bedpost and toilet paper. If it were pica, I think my first source would be ice.

Once in a while the urge to eat comes over me (3-4 days maybe), but otherwise, it's ugh, ugh, ugh.
MizCharlotte
on 8/16/11 3:00 pm - Spring, TX
This is exactly how I was feeling a while back.  I do believe it was because I wasn't drinking enough fluids.  Try concentrating on getting more the the usual amount of fluids in for the next few days and see if that doesn't help.

If not you need to seek medical attention soon.  Call your surgeon for advice but you need to see someone.
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 10:18 am
I never thought I would cry about not eating, but here I am. I just don't want anything, water, fiber, food, nothing. It doesn't make me sick per se, but I don't want it. I never imagined not wanting food; it's like not wanting air or something.

I have a hair appointment tomorrow in the hopes of making me feel better then I think I'm off to baffle the folks in the ER. It's not that I'm physically incapable of eating, I just don't want to. Just what the ER wants to hear. "Well, just eat then." Maybe I won't go.

I know that my body must be using itself from the inside out to keep me seated in this chair, but I cannot figure out this eating thing.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/17/11 10:22 am, edited 8/17/11 10:22 am - Burlington County, NJ
Not wanting to eat? THEN EAT and gag it down. Ditto hydration. DO IT and DO IT NOW. 64 oz. of fluids and 100 grams of protein however you get it down. DO IT or you are going to DIE, do you understand me?

ETA: Oop**** send too soon. "Not wanting to eat" is NOT "cannot eat." Your appetite is meaningless. As I said elsewhere, food is medicine. I don't care how much you cry and how icky it looks. Get. it. down. If it's so bad that you're puking it back up, then you belong in the ER instead of at your hair appointment.

Do you know how ridiculous it sounds to say "I'm gonna get my hair done and go to the ER"? Come on kiddo. If you were giving someone else advice, what would you say about that?

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 12:46 pm, edited 8/17/11 12:54 pm
OK, hair cancelled. Hair is falling out anyway. Just cannot figure out eating. Eating just is ugh. I don't want to say that. I was the first piglet at the trough. I know how to cook REALLY WELL.  But there it is. Food, ugh. I just give fresh food to the compost worms now.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/17/11 12:58 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Not just hair cancelled. GO TO ER. You are beyond "figuring out eating." How much have you had to drink today? Quit dodging these questions and give real information.