xpost i dont know what to do?

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 7:56 am - Lafayette, IN
i have hit a brick wall! i tried a binder....... just made me hurt more. tried spanx..... just made me hurt more. i am watching my sodium. i am getting in 100 plus oz of fluids. i am not drinking anything with caffeine. i am not out in the heat. i am getting plenty of rest but also getting in a moderate amount of walking. i have tried ice packs. i have tried a heating pad. nothing is working. the only med i have available for pain is tylenol.  i found out on friday that i have a uti and started on an antibiotic that day. my pain is almost constant and i am having terrible muscle spasms. my ps has pretty much washed his hands of me. my pcp is convinced that all of my symptoms are from the uti. i have been on my antibiotic for almost 5 days and nothing has changed even slightly.  i called my pcp again today and she prescribed something to help with the "bladder" symptoms and that was it. wth am i supposed to do? i NEED to feel better!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 8:08 am
 I'm sorry you're going through this.  You're worth more than a phone call to a physician  can provide.  I recommend you be physically examined in person to determine exactly what is going on if you're not improving.  Anything short of that is a disservice to you.  I hope they get this figured out and you feel better soon.  Please keep us posted.  
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 8:41 am - Santa Cruz, CA
You may not be able to respond to the antibiotic you've been given.  So many infections are now
antibiotic resistant.  Yes, the symptom relief will be great, but getting the proper antibiotic would
be best.  I've had that problem myself, so please contact your PCP.

Good luck, honey.
DianaRR
on 8/16/11 11:40 am - CA
UTI's are notorious for being slow to respond to antibiotics. I hope the first one they gave you is going to work.