exhaustion and iron X post

Janet P.
on 8/16/11 9:45 pm
Jessie - you are exhausted because you are anemic. All of your symptions scream iron deficiency anemia. You are exhausted but you can't sleep, wake up exhausted. You probably also have restless leg syndrome (another symptom of iron deficiency anemia). It is imperative that you get to a hematologist immediately and start infusions. Don't listen to what the doctors are telling you - if your ferritin is low you are anemic (even if all your other iron numbers are normal). With the ferritin so low no amount of oral iron will help (even vitalady's iron).

If you don't take care of yourself, you won't be able to take care of your family.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Jessie T
on 8/16/11 10:13 pm, edited 8/16/11 10:14 pm - Boonies, MN

Thank you, I do sometimes feel like I just need to flex my legs and stretch, especially when I've had a really long day. I talked with my Mom last night and was expressing my worries. She said to just take it one step at a time and just to at least make the appointment, then we'll worry about a sitter and if she needs to she'll take off work to be with my little monster!

*disclaimer* I love him with every fiber of my being so I can call him a monster LOL

He's three and just now going through the terrible twos. He's got a vocabulary of a third grader but, I think sometimes lacks the meaning of some of his words. Because of his speech, you think you'd be able to communicate with him like an older child but,not so much, he did just turn three so everything is a demand even if he says "please"!
His older brothers start school in a couple weeks so the school prep and football is in full swing!
sorry, I just went off a different direction HAHA

buffalobillsfan
on 8/17/11 12:00 am - CA
I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome almost my entire life since getting very ill at at 7 or 8.  It sucks and so I can totally relate.  I don't know how anyone can care for kids feeling like this.  I hope you get this worked out and are feeling great again.  It's hard to even take the steps to feeling better when you are wiped out. 

My ferritin is trending down quickly and you have inspired me to get on the ball.  I have RLS, too. 

Cheers,
Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 1:04 pm - Yorktown, VA
Been there, done that and got the t-shirt!

I've been SUPER exhausted latey......that life sucking exhaustion that you experience when you're like 2 months pregnant.  My iron was ****  My GYN referred me for an infusion.  I had it on Tuesday and I already feel better.  I also just started taking vitalady's tendor iron.  I am currenlty taking 3 a night, but Gina adivsed me to work my way up to 5.

I also have super heavy periods and am going to be getting a uterine ablasion this fall.

Good luck!