Is there a source where we get the 30-60-90 protein guidelines?

Kayla B.
on 8/17/11 12:46 am - Austin, TX
Kym, could you go back and read the post again?  I feel like you may be responding defensively to it.  It clearly says that 60g from liquid sources without causing distress is the goal.

I never saw her recommend "shove 60g of protein food in your swollen 2 oz sleeve"

Oh, and my interpretation of 30-60-90 was for food.  Try to get 30g from food within 30 days...but the rest should be supplements.  Then, by 2 months, the need for supplement should go down to get 60g from food...but still a little from supplement.  Then gradually on and on lower the need for supplements (if desired) and obtain more nutrition from food.

That, of course, sounds lovely in theory and didn't work out so well for me.  I am, of course, still alive despite low protein intake for several months, but I did have a lot of muscle wasting that first year.  I wish I'd pushed protein drinks more heavily at first.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Elizabeth N.
on 8/17/11 10:54 am - Burlington County, NJ
Kayla, Dana is a ******g idiot and you know perfectly well that her recommendations online exceed the legal limits of a dietician in TX. Pull your head out of your ass.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/17/11 10:53 am - Burlington County, NJ
The "NUT" is a menace who is practicing medicine without a license and should take care lest she wind up with no way to earn a living except with her oh so exalted boobs. Of course, someone will have to die from her stupidity before her sycophants will listen, and then it'll be the fault of everything except her ****ty advice.

The 30-60-90 rule, at least reaching back for the five-plus years I've been on this board, comes from EXPERIENCE, something Nutty Fake Boobs doesn't have. It is HARD to consume ANYTHING on a 2 oz. stomach. We do NOT get protein malnutrition in a month or even two months. So through the forum dynamics, folks started talking about setting goals and somehow the 30-60-90 concept came out of it.

People who think Nutty Fake Boobs is cool need to recognize a few things:

1. She came to the butcher Spiegel's practice with NO prior experience in bariatrics, and her job was to fill out forms so people got approved for insurance faster. Spiegel was very explicit about this.

2. She spent six months at the butcher Spiegel's practice, wherein she treated a mere handful of DSers.

3. Until she came here 3-4 months ago, she thought the ASMBS was GOD for DS nutrition.

4. Every WORD she has learned about the DS comes from people like me and other vets.

5. She ****** us all in the ass.

6. She does NOT have the legal authority to prescribe or even recommend supplements or labs according to TX law.

Those of you who are giving her leeway are buying into a chimera. There are people in TX whose lives Vitalady has saved and Nutty Fake Boobs is going to kill them. This is a travesty.