***Tuesday Bites, Vites & Exercites***

teachmid
on 8/16/11 10:30 pm - OKC, OK
Interesting. I didn't know that insulin was used on animals. Many years ago www lived on an Indian reservation and I ordered and gave all my pets their vaccinations.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

ModestoK
on 8/16/11 11:25 am
Gina -
I was a total carb ***** this weekend. Yet today, when I'm back on track, I have horrible gas. What gives???

B - Double protein shake made with 1/2 and 1/2
Bagel thin with veggie cream cheese spread
Total 33 net carbs

L - chicken out of a Marie Callender's Balsamic Chicken steamer
half bag of peanut M & M's
Total 34 net carbs

D - 1/2 pound crab legs soaked in butter

S- another double protein shake

Totals - net carbs around 80, protein around 180

Vites - on track
Exercise - may ride recumbant bike; can't do much else.

Thinking maybe I am lactose intolerant - only thing I can think of to have given me such horrible bloating is the 1/2 and 1/2.
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

MajorMom
on 8/16/11 7:01 pm - VA
Maybe you threw your system off with the carbs this weekend. Try elimination of flour, sugar and milk. For me, it would have been the bagel thin and the M&Ms.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 11:38 am, edited 8/16/11 11:40 am
I protein shake
2 bites protein pizza
otherwise I fell asleep
sorta hate food from beginning to end; doesn't really depend on what it is.
I don't care about it; it doesn't care about me. But I wi**** weren't true; it's all an illusion.
how can one care about food anymore?
MajorMom
on 8/16/11 7:04 pm - VA
I stay pretty luke warm about food too and it's also normal for us to go through phases where food has no appeal. Hang tough.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

yorkieGal
on 8/16/11 11:02 pm, edited 8/16/11 11:07 pm - Clermont, FL
HI Guys, still super frustrated with the scale...my weight is sticking at 145 no matter how hard I work out or how low carb I go...so pissed off. I know alot of you may think I'm making a fuss about nothing...but I felt so much happier at 138lbs but no matter what I do the pounds will not come off???? Maybe a few days of high protein shakes and meat/cheese/eggs etc will help but then I just get constipated???
Anyway, treated myself to one of those super duper scales that measures body fat, muscle and weight.
So here is what it said this morning:
weight 145 (I'm 5ft6)
Muscle % : 35.8%
Fat % :20.6%
BMI: 23.1

Ok here's yesterdays food:
B - 2 scrambled eggs with Hc, cream cheese and shredded cheese, coffee HC
L - iced coffee with HC and 1 scoop anywhey tasteless protein, not hungry for anything else
S - 1 turkey, cheese and cream cheese roll up, iced coffee
S2 - general tso's chicken at walmart while shopping as starving
D - half a piece strip steak, squash cooked in butter
S - fage yoghurt, peaches canned in splenda and whipped cream, cup decaf

No idea how much protein or carbs but doing my best but getting a bit disheartened to be honest.

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

ModestoK
on 8/17/11 3:17 am
Yorkie -
Perhaps you have gained muscle and lost fat, which is why your weight is up a bit?
Look at your body fat % - 20.6 - that is what elite female atheletes usually have! 
I understand wanting to be at 138, but were you happier because you felt better or because of some preconceived notion that that was a magic number? 
You look awesome, girlie.  Think about how far you have come.

I hope the scale does what you want, if you really feel healthier at the lower number.

Kim
yorkieGal
on 8/17/11 8:41 am - Clermont, FL
Thanks Kim, Honestly my clothes did feel better at the lower weight, but I hear what you are saying about preconceived ideas about scale numbers.
I really enjoy working out at the gym, when I was in my late teens I played tennis competitvely and the trainer at the gym says we have muscle memory or something...he says thats why I have managed to get my body fat so low and muscle ratio so high in a relatively short period of time.
I think it is more of a control thing to be perfectly honest....I try and try and get nowhere in terms of the scale and I am a bit "type A" and I find it hard to deal with not being able to have any control over this ya know??
anyway, thanks for understanding and not flaming me for whining!!
hugs to ya

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!