Oh No...Varicose Veins!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 10:47 pm
Good Morning DSers....

Since my DS in January of this year, I've been doing my best to exercise daily...and after my most recent stall, Im happy to say the scale is moving once more!!  Yesterday, after one of my speed walking exercises on my treadmill I experienced some discomfort in my calves...after I finished with my treadmill I decided to take a quick look....I seen a rather large varicose vein showing itself...and its quite long, the whole length of my calf....Is this a result of speed walking or is it caused by weight loss?   Was it always there and now with the weight loss off my legs the varicose vein has revealed itself?  It is quite painful....I would appreciate your imput if you have this too...Thanks everyone!!  Have a Great Tuesday.
hopingintx
on 8/15/11 10:57 pm

Hi, Gypsy,

I think they are just now showing from wt. loss.  At least in my case.  I was SSMO and feel that my veins got really large in order to supply the needed blood volume to my extremities.  Seems like the largest ones are located just behind my knee and up.

Nancy            
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 6:33 am
Hi Hopingintx...Thanks for your comments...I agree with your points too...as larger (and in charge) ladies our veins got bigger to supply blood to our extremities....I managed to get back on treadmill today but didnt raise the slope....Thanks again for your imput!!!!

Kathleen F.
on 8/16/11 7:25 am
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 9:42 pm
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 9:44 pm
Thanks Kathleen for your imput...I havent noticed this subject on OH before so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem...
zuzupetals2u2
on 8/16/11 7:36 am - Sedona, AZ
yes I noticed one too! I think it was there all along too but buried. I also have sagging skin on my calves. I would rather have that than fat tho!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 9:48 pm
Hi Zuzu....Thanks for your message...I tend to agree with you about the veins being buried deep...Will keep an eye on mine and bring it up when I see my PCP next appt...thanks again...
gak
on 8/16/11 1:51 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Gypsy,
I had a few pop up after the WL.... and had them treated by injection or removal, depending on each one. If it is painful and stays that way, most insurances will cover this procedure. Check your insurance for the rules on when they are covered. When you talk to someone in customer svs, be sure and tell them they are painful and you want to be sure they are a covered item to seek treatment for. They should be able to email or fax you what is necessary for coverage.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 9:49 pm
Hi Ginger...Thanks for your imput...and the good advice...I will be seeing PCP soon and will address it with him...Thanks Again...