X-post from FB...protein shakes

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 1:09 am
  Listen up you protein shake slackers! Protein is the Super Man healer! June 22nd, I suffered a compresion injury at work, affecting my neck, back and hips. I'm still off from work from these injuries. A month ago, my orthopedic surgeon grilled me about my protein intake, as he felt I wasn't healing as fast as I should be. I had to congess.....I was barely getting in 80 grams most days, and my... protein shakes were just taking up space on the kitchen counter, collecting dust. Since that appointment, I've upped my protein intake by three shakes a day...or 75 grams, plus my food. Low and behold, my hip injury (which was the stubborn one to heal) has healed, and I feel like a million bucks! Drink those shakes folks! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....
beemerbeeper
on 8/16/11 2:07 am - AL
or EAT them like I do.  Cake Shakes are so good they will make you slap yo' Mamma.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 3:07 am

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY best be slappin' MY momma! (I may hafta go all postal and run 'em over with my ginormous truck!)

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 3:10 am

Seriously, though, I don't care HOW the shakes get into one's tummy, they just need to GET THERE!  I'm completely amazed at the difference the extra 50-75 grams per day makes for me and my body!

beemerbeeper
on 8/16/11 3:22 am - AL
You are preaching to the choir here.  On my last labs my protein markes were all normal.  But one great DS lab expert noticed that they had declined since my previous labs (which is why it is so important to share your previous labs here and not just your most current ones).  And guess what?  I had stopped doing shakes because I was getting well over 100 grams a day in food.

When I started doing my cake shakes I could FEEL the difference.  I don't have labs yet but I can't wait to see what they look like next time.  I am doing 4-6 shakes a day now.  I don't have to worry any more about what I eat or IF I eat because I KNOW I am getting my protein.  Plus my cake shakes are such a treat and I love them.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 4:45 am
I still haven't tried the cake, but I should!  I wonder if it'd travel well?  I could make a few and toss them in my lunch box....if I ever get released to go back to work!
beemerbeeper
on 8/16/11 6:04 am - AL
No, I don't think so.  You really need to eat them warm.  They get pretty hard if you wait too long.  If you have a microwave you could mix up the powdered ingredients and put in a baggie and the liquid ingredients and put in something and mix them up at work.  But that is a lot of trouble and if you don't have a microwave...

While you are home you should try them for sure.  My favorite topping is Sugar Free LandOLakes whipped cream which is 0 carbs.

It is like eating a ding-dong.  Yummo.

~Becky

Felicia S.
on 8/16/11 3:52 am - Lincoln, NE
Holy Cow!!  You look absolutely amazing!  I'm so sorry I've been away from the board so long, but it is so exciting seeing the transformations in everyone. 

Do you ever get back to Omaha? 

I need to take your advice about protein...I do not eat near enough protein.

Felicia
HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 4:41 am
Thank you, Felicia!  It's an 8 hour drive to Omaha, so I haven't been there since I met you and several other girls.  I ultimately went with Dr. Stewart.  I was a self pay, and Dr. A wanted $10,000 more than Stewart.  Funny thing about the protein....not sure if it's coincidence or not, but since I've upped my protein, I haven't had as many migraines (knocking on wood!).  It'll be interesting to keep track of the migraines, with continued protein intake like this.  Stay tuned.....

Oh!  Are you on the OH Facebook group?
linda1814
on 8/16/11 4:38 am
 I didn't realize that was you!  Your new avi is beautiful... not that your old one wasn't but you look great!

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com