Thinking of going Vegatarian.... Any vegatarians here? IF yes, please share your path.

buffalobillsfan
on 8/17/11 3:49 am - CA
Sorry, I didn't see this request.  These are delicious.  Here is a link to the recipe.  I bet it would be good to add real shredded crab meat to them. 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mouth-watering-stuffed-mushroom s/detail.aspx

Julie R.
on 8/16/11 12:03 am - Ludington, MI
 I agree with others.   First, you don't have to "commit" to becoming a vegetarian.   Meat might become more palatable to you again at some point.   I go in and out of being in love with meat.   Sometimes, I'm only in love with fish and eggs.    Other times, I crave veggie burgers and nuts.   I agree with Gina that you should up your intake of protein shakes if you are going to eat a more vegetarian diet, just for the extra insurance.   
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

sweetdew
on 8/16/11 12:55 am - CA
Done deal! THanks Julie. Good seeing you, hope you are wonderful.

Shireen
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

Kayla B.
on 8/16/11 12:46 am - Austin, TX
People that eat fish are not vegetarians.

If you don't want to eat something, just don't eat it.  You don't need a fancy title to do that.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
sweetdew
on 8/16/11 1:00 am - CA
Not looking for a fancy title, just not that "up" on all the appropriate Vegetarian sayings and differences. A lot of people who call themselves vegetarian eat fish, so I was just sort of following suit in what I heard the word to be.

I have heard of all different forms of vegetarianism since talking about this subject in the past two days.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. I am going to start out like you said and others and just cut out or hardly eat meat/chicken unless it really moves me.

Sweetdew

newyorkbitch
on 8/16/11 1:17 am
Just to be a pedant here....

Vegetarians do not each fish.  People who eat fish,  but not meat or chicken, are "pescetarians."  It makes me nuts when peopel who eat fish call themselves vegetarians. By definition,  eating fish is not "vegetarian."

Eating animal flesh (and last I checked,  fish are animals) is NOT vegetarian.

AllieInOntario
on 8/16/11 1:24 am
Have you checked out some of the cooler tofu recipe sites?  The only reason I've been checking it out is because the shake smells are really turning me off right now... and so I'm trying to think up other ways to get protein other than just meat.  
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

beemerbeeper
on 8/16/11 6:58 am - AL
Shake Cakes do not smell or taste like protein powder.

~Becky

lk1970
on 8/16/11 2:48 am
You're only 8 months out... it could be that meat will sit better the further you're out. Give it some time and try find a balance. Good luck!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

sweetdew
on 8/16/11 4:46 am - CA
Thanks lk1970, that is what i am going to do!
Sweetdew