Hemroids

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 3:33 pm - Beverly, NJ

These things are literally a pain in my ass....

I have a huge one.  I've pushed it in a few times and I've been diligent about my cream but it grows everyday.  I have an appointment on Monday with my PCP for a referral.  I've been on prescription cream for over a week now and it's just gotten worse.  I'm sure I have a fissure too since I've had a tiny bit of blood a few times when I've wiped plus I've never had a hemroid burn like this.  I've been prone to both since I had my son 9 years ago but they've always cleared up on their own.  I've never had any that stuck around or got worse. 

So what happens next?  I know I'll go to a butt doctor (a proctologist) but what happens from there?  When I've had them before it was a wait and see game and they always cleared up on their own, I've never had any this bad.  I tried searching OH but me and Google are fighting.  Anyone else been there done that?  At this point I would do anything to sit comfortably.  Pooping is another hurdle I can't wait to feel better about.  I've been taking my Prilosec which helps a little bit but what doesnt help is the craving I've had for O.J. that I didn't think about until after I drank a glass or the spaghetti sauce I made for tonights eggplant parm.  I'm a glutton for punishment,all that acid is gonna feel terrific on the way out.

Lisa A.
on 8/11/11 9:41 pm - Windsor, NY
I am still in awe that you are going to be eating eggplant parm for summer when you had surgery just a month ago.... I am soooo jelous of people like you. I seriously couldn't eat for 6 months. I threw up every single day (multiple times a day). I lived on cottage cheese and baby pears and protein drinks (yuk!).

Okay... now for your topic. I have been dealing with this since February. I go to a colorectal surgeon now. He is in no rush to do surgery however. He gave me a cream that the pharmicist makes up that is nytroglycirin(?) and vasoline mixed together and you put a pea size down there on it 3 times a day.

The big thing is that you need to have the fissure relax to heal. I take 3 advil every morning and I really try to stay away from citrus, sauces, nuts, fritos, nachos (things like that). I love them (and do have from time to time) but it's just not worth the end result.

Try soaking in the bath tub and you must keep clean after every BM. My doctor said if at home hop in the top and just wash your bum. If out then just use wipes. I tried so many creams out thee and none worked.

Your smart to go to the doctor right now before it gets worse.

Lisa A.
on 8/11/11 9:41 pm - Windsor, NY
*supper (not summer lol)