DS/ How does it work with Diabetes.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/12/11 3:17 am - Tuvalu
On August 12, 2011 at 10:13 AM Pacific Time, jillybean720 wrote:
On August 12, 2011 at 9:59 AM Pacific Time, Ms. Cal Culator wrote:

Knowing her, she'll use her plastic SPORK so that the torture lasts longer.

Someone do me a favor and quote me so I can ask

PUMPKIN why'd you block me?!

Were you two bickering?
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 4:18 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On August 12, 2011 at 10:17 AM Pacific Time, Ms. Cal Culator wrote:
On August 12, 2011 at 10:13 AM Pacific Time, jillybean720 wrote:
On August 12, 2011 at 9:59 AM Pacific Time, Ms. Cal Culator wrote:

Knowing her, she'll use her plastic SPORK so that the torture lasts longer.

Someone do me a favor and quote me so I can ask

PUMPKIN why'd you block me?!

Were you two bickering?
I have Jillybean blocked.
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 5:47 am - Woodbridge, VA
Certainly not that I'm aware of - I got along with her fine on R&R, and then that went away, and I saw her posting on the MB at times, but I never even recall any direct communication with her on the MB. I can't say it's impossible that I said something to someone else that could have pissed her off, but I feel like she would have replied to me at that time if that was the case - I will say she's not typically one to hide her feelings.

Who knows...
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 9:34 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Sorry Jilly, I had you confused with somebody else.
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 10:05 am - Woodbridge, VA
I must have one of those faces...  :P
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 12:29 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
No no no...it's the first part of your user name.
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 4:18 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Oh yeah.....
beemerbeeper
on 8/12/11 2:07 am - AL
The DS CURES Type II Diabetes to the tune of 98% of the time.  Most people come out of the hospital OFF their meds for diabetes so it is NOT the weight loss that causes the cure.

The DS is the only surgery you should consider.  I didn't even have diabetes (yet) but since it killed both my normal weight parents I knew what it looked like and I wanted to avoid it at all costs.

www.DSFacts.com

I think there is a section there about diabetes.

~Becky

* Gail R *
on 8/12/11 4:46 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I hesitate to state that my diabetes was not cured BUT now it is completely controllable with diet and sometimes small medication doses. My years of difficult to control diabetes and high doses of medication did permanent damage. I was on huge doses of insulin, metformin, bietta, and not to mention all the anti cholesterol and blood pressure medications. All that gone now. I do occasionally need a small shot of long acting insulin now that carbs have invaded my diet. I firmly believe that (if I was still living) I would still be a brittle diabetic in kidney and liver failure if I had not had the DS. I was at stage 3 kidney disease before surgery and that has been resolved. I am looking forward to my new labs to be taken for my 2 year anniversary. I really urge you to take advantage of this miracle surgery before doing further damage to body. I wish I had known earlier and gotten it done years ago.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Crazeru
on 8/12/11 5:25 am
I was on oral & insulin for a year before my surgery.  I had 2 shots in the hospital and my A1C is now low at 4.2.  One lady in our Sac group, was a brittle diabetic and her A1C has been normal since her DS.  My diabetes is why I had the DS, I was getting a protein leak from my kidneys, they are normal now. 

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda