Slightly OT: Trader Joe's!

BethR311
on 8/13/11 5:49 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
Last weekend I took my son and his buddy to Indianapolis for the weekend.  My "must do" was go to Trader Joe's.  I've been wanting to get there for years, and my town, Fort Wayne Indiana, is trying to get one.   And honestly, I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about.  I was surprised at how small the store was, smaller than Aldi's!  It was a fun ambiance for sure.  Being Saturday late afternoon, the place was quite busy.  Now I'm not doing protein drinks/powder or Greek yogurt yet; working up to them both.  When I get to that place in my life, maybe I'll feel differently.  But it was just a bit of a fizzle for me. 

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
orangecrushed
on 8/14/11 12:05 am - Triad, NC
It is small, but I really like it.  They have some niche products that you can't really get anywhere else.  I'm one of those prone to browse the international aisles at my grocery store, so finding some of the gems that Trader Joe's has at a fraction of the price makes me kinda giddy.  I didn't pick up a ton of items yesterday, but enough to satisfy!

It can be annoying in there when it's busy.  It was super crowded yesterday, and some folks were pretty pushy... but I didn't care.  I took my time and read every single label.  They can stuff it, as far as I'm concerned!  But, I digress.

Hopefully your next trip will be a bit more fun!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join me here: weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/14/11 1:49 am
Personally I don't like trader joes very much. I especially hate their prepared food and I wouldn't feed it to my dog- if I had a dog.

However, they have good prices on Kashi and Barbara's Cereal, brussel sprouts, their queen manzanilla olives are good, their canned sardines reasonable, and their cherry and blackberry preserves are very good. But overall there is nothing they carry that makes going there a special trip for me. I used to like thier nuts, but had gotten far too many bags with rotten nuts in them. Since then I've been ordering nuts from nuts online instead.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com