Awesome, I'm going to try ice cold water instead of room temp...Thanks
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Victorious_one
on 8/12/11 3:04 am - South Central, PA

*Ice water
*Flavored water (like Crystal Light) - depends on the flavor of your shake
*Half & Half 
*Heavy whipping cream
*Iced coffee, sugar-free syrup and creamer (chocolate or cappucino flavors)

I agree that it's wise to focus on making sure that you're getting your water in over focusing on protein, but if you can do both, go for it!

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
Amy_Kleve
on 8/12/11 5:10 am - Adrian, MN
Oh, crystal light sounds interesting, I might try this as well, so many options I'm doing really well with getting 1 shake in a day at this point. I am even getting more fluids in today than ever before

elixir
on 8/12/11 4:31 pm - MI
My daughter has been drinking protein shakes after working out. One of her faves is mixing lemonade (I buy the True Lemon brand because I can't tolerate the aspartame in the Crystal Light right now) with the strawberry Unury. I have to say the strawberry-lemonade shake is pretty darn good! 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Panda ..
on 8/12/11 3:49 am
Amy_Kleve
on 8/12/11 5:09 am - Adrian, MN
Thanks so much, these are great ideas as well

Gina_N.
on 8/12/11 11:47 am
I mix my shakes in my lactaid, I can't stomach them with water.  The milk/ lactaid give you extra protein also.  I am a newbie also, but thats what works for me.  I have found GNC's shakes to be very tasty and if you don't like them you have 30 days to return them.  Too bad I just found this out...I've wasted a lot of money on jugs of proteins that I couldn't stand.  Good luck to you
Gina
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 1:00 pm - WAKE FOREST, NC