DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 8/11/11 10:47 am - OKC, OK
Yummy!!!!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 7:54 pm - Woodbridge, VA
You don't look very "off the wagon" to me!
NoreenRT
on 8/11/11 10:05 am - Warner Robins, GA

sad new today. we learned our 14yo kitty, sugar bear, has diabetes.  we need to make a decision on what to do with her. i just dunno.
i've even way too much candy today.  even for me. 

double protein coffee
3 slices lebanon bologna
corn nuts
bologna roll ups w/mustard
hard boiled egg
chocolate covered almonds
pistachios
3 forkfuls of chicken salad (from the deli and yucky - tummy didn't like it(
shrimp
cheese jax snacks
york peppermint pieces
going to fix a protein shake and climb into bed

vites:  missed late afternoon batch
fluids:  maybe hit 64 oz by bedtime.  (sigh)

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

MajorMom
on 8/11/11 10:09 am - VA
Aww...poor sweet kitty. Sleep on it tonight and decide. :-(

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

ModestoK
on 8/11/11 10:29 am
Noreen -

Sorry to hear about your kitty.  I hope that Sugar Bear's diabetes is treatable so that you have more time with her.   If she still has the will to live, she may yet be with you for years to come.
If not, you have had many good years with her and given her a wonderful home.

Kim
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

NoreenRT
on 8/11/11 10:33 am - Warner Robins, GA
thx for the kind words kim. i really appreciate it.  we become so attached to our furbabies that they are a part of our family.
sugar bear does, did and will have a wonderful home with loving human parents regardless of how things turn out.
thanks again.  you made me feel so much better.
ModestoK
on 8/11/11 10:46 am
Glad to be here to support you.  
I know where you are coming from.
I lost one of my furbabies last November after having spent 11.5 wonderful years with him; he was probably at least 14 but who knows.  I could have tried to keep him going, but he let me know he was ready to cross the rainbow bridge.   I still miss him but appreciate the time I had enjoying his company.

Now I have another one who also came to me in 1999 that has chronic renal failure.   I initially thought he was just losing weight because he was depressed from losing his companion.
I found out about it in early February and after 3 days in the kitty hospital,  the prognosis looked dim.   
Well, that little booger is still with me.  I don't know how because he hardly eats anything but he keeps on going. He is also being super naughty because he knows he can get away with anything now.   I have to give him subcutaneous fluids every night but he seems to get that I'm doing it for his own good.  He is normally very cooperative but gets tons of treats while receiving his fluids.  He still jumps up to his favorate spots for naps and loves to lick the gravy off of his gushy food.   So really, they do let us know when it is time to fight and when we need to let them go gently.
Sugar Bear knows you love her however it turns out.
*hugs*
K.
teachmid
on 8/11/11 10:48 am - OKC, OK
I'm so sorry, Noreen.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 7:58 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I've known some folks with diabetic cats - they give them insulin injections daily. I also know of some who switched their cats to grain-free food, and that helped as well. Big hugs - I know how special pets are. My parents still have the kitten they gave me for my 12th birthday (she's a grumpy, but still active, 17-year-old cat now!), and even though I've not lived with her since I went away to college, I worry every time they say they need to take her to the vet for anything. Sorry you (and Sugar Bear!) have to go through this.