Next step in my Band to DS journey. Is it just me?

honeybadger 11
on 8/12/11 3:19 am, edited 8/12/11 3:22 am - FL

Honey, you are NOT being selfish. If anything you are providing yourself with the means to make yourself healthy so you can be around for your hubby and children. Yes there are sometimes complications from surgery BUT you could also die of a heart attack because of your high cholesterol.

I actually did the list thing months ago when i was trying to decide between DS, RNY or no surgery so im happy inge mentioned it. You see how the DS FAR out weights doing nothing and you forgot to add living longer and having a better quality of life for you, your hubby and your children because i can tell you from as a person who had a MO mom, i missed out on a lot of things with her because she couldnt do them. I never noticed as a child but i do now.

No one will be able to make your decision but you and im happy you are talking to someone (and completely agree about them not really understanding because theyve not gone thru what you have) BUT i have to say you HAVE to do this and the longer you wait the longer you will be miserable so start focusing on your goal and JUST DO IT!

(((HUGS)))  jen

ETA to add: the EGD is super easy, ive done 2 in the last 2 months becasue of the damage the band has caused. They put you in twilight and when you wake you you dont remember anything:)

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

Elizabeth N.
on 8/12/11 3:34 am - Burlington County, NJ
Not let them take over? Anti anxiety medication. Seriously.

I think it's a GOOD thing that you are not waltzing into this all positive and KNOWING it will work. That's a far more realistic point of view.

Surgery is a crap shoot. Things can go wrong. But look at the statistics on things going wrong. Each individual thing and all the things together. IMNSHO, at least from where *I* was at the time, even taken all together, those stats made excellent betting odds.

Only you can decide whether you're willing to bet those odds.

Band to DS
on 8/13/11 1:17 pm, edited 2/3/12 10:36 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Lori F.
on 8/13/11 2:19 pm - Chula Vista, CA
I know we're in the same boat, Shelli, but this was just the pep talk I needed right now. THANKS. This board is awesome. Even though the comments in this post weren't for me, I feel like some of you were reading my mind about the DS. And the list that was posted was AWESOME- I'm printing it out to look at every time I get scared!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Band to DS
on 8/14/11 1:06 am, edited 2/3/12 10:36 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!