Thinking I need to go to ER for anemia

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 1:24 am, edited 1/27/12 3:43 am
hamilbr
on 8/11/11 1:35 am - Lewisville, TX
I think Dr. Stewart and Sue might be in surgery today... might be later this afternoon before they can get back to you.
Think I would try to get to the ER...try a friend or someone from your Church--maybe someone can sit wtih girls.

Brenda
larra
on 8/11/11 1:49 am - bay area, CA
The ER folks will probably need to consult with an OB/GYN doc, and hopefully there will be some kind of hormonal treatment to get the bleeding stopped. Or if not, if the bleeding now is related to something physically wrong from the ParaGard removal, maybe the GYN doc needs to cauterize something...
      Either way, this doesn't sound like something your DS surgeon can help with, so if you don't have a regular GYN doc, and can't get an immediate appointment with a new one, the ER is the right place to be.

Larra
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 3:18 am, edited 1/27/12 3:43 am
Elizabeth N.
on 8/11/11 3:23 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yup, it's ER time. Good luck and please update us as soon as you're able! You know we worry here.

It could be any number of things making you this icky, like dehydration and stuff. But when you are in that condition, you don't fool around with home remedies.

Sending good thoughts.....

StacyB88888
on 8/11/11 7:17 am - FL
I'm glad that your husband is coming home  and you can get to the ER. Once you are past this you need to work on getting emergency help figured out just in case. My gall bladder got infected and my husband put me off for almost 12 hours in favor of a 'big meeting' scheduled for the end of the day....I had no one in the area to help with my 2 year old and infant....so I suffered throughout the day in extreme pain..barely able to function enough to feed the kids and change diapers...the boys and I spent the day camping out in the bathroom and I ended up severely dehydrated by time I finally got to the hospital(after a quick trip to the drive through so he could eat...since I didn't get around to cooking dinner  that day..yes I know he's a huge ass...working on leaving). I ended up having to stay in the hospital for 3 or 4 days because I had to wait for him to get his priorities in order(work, meeting, Wendy's chicken sandwich, fries, chili and a large coke, my life) after that I pressed hard to move to FL so at least I'd be closer to my mother and my in-laws for emergencies....now I have 6 options within a two hour drive....but while we were in MA I made sure I made friends with the neighbors after that incident...I couldn't imagine what would have happened if he had been away on business on the other side of the country...I was actually lucky that he was 'home'..normally he was away for 2-3 weeks at a time
MizCharlotte
on 8/11/11 8:47 am - Spring, TX
I think I should know who you are from your avatar, but I can't remember if I should know.

Are you in the Houston area?  I would be happy to come get you right now and take you to the emergency room, and watch your children at the hospital until your husband arrives.  I am worried about you.

Please let me know what I could do.

Charlotte
kmg9122
on 8/11/11 1:21 pm - Spring, TX

Hi Charlotte!  I hope you are doing well!  If I remember correctly, Sunday lives out of state.  Louisiana or Oklahoma maybe.  Hope to see you at the September get together!

Kathi - Houston, Texas
2008 - Lap Band  Hoping for revision to DS Mar 2012
Jewel506 is my Angel!

kmg9122
on 8/11/11 1:16 pm - Spring, TX
Hi Sunday.  Update us when  you can, I've been thinking of you since I read this earlier.  I hope you're feeling better.

Kathi - Houston, Texas
2008 - Lap Band  Hoping for revision to DS Mar 2012
Jewel506 is my Angel!

MizCharlotte
on 8/11/11 1:37 pm, edited 8/11/11 1:38 pm - Spring, TX
Hi Kathi,

Yes, I was wondering where you have been.  It will be good to see you again.

I am hoping Sunday hasn't replied back because her husband got home and took her to the ER. 

And yes, Sunday, please let us know that you are OK.
Recent Topics