finally switched....how do I thank you all?

Amy_Kleve
on 8/11/11 12:48 am - Adrian, MN
Congrats!

I'm 9 days out, still using my liquid oxy. My boyfriend is going to the store tonight to buy some liquid adult Tylenol so I can try to wean off the narcotics.

The food you described, my doc said I could eat on day 7 (I was a little slow with the start of the fluids though) I would say just try one kind of food a day to make sure it agrees with you. And only take a few bites. Some foods I have tried are:
-few bites of tapioca pudding
-few bites of scrambled eggs
-few bites of apple sauce
-few bites of pureed carrots
That is really all I have had room for. I ha vent been hungry yet and I get so full of liquids, I'm still fighting myself to get up to 64 ounces a day. Yesterday I only had 45 ounces.

I agree with the protein shakes. I had 1 shake yesterday and 1 so far today. I'm planning another one today.

Good luck with everything, I hope the pain gets better soon!!!

Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

Blackthorne
on 8/11/11 3:59 am - Alpharetta, GA
 My best friend was just switched with Dr. K yesterday, so you have a surgery twin.   :)

Oh, and for how to thank us?   Most DS'ers accept bacon in lieu of cash   *heheheheheheh*
     Six years postop.       All co-morbidities are resolved.  Lost 101lbs in 1st year.   High wt: 277 Surgery wt:  260.7  Currently:  143lbs.    I'm Blackthorne99 on MyFitnessPal.

Click here to read my blog: Unicorns & Stranger Things
litebrite
on 8/11/11 9:58 am - Telford, PA
I get switched on Monday and just want to say congrats and I hope you feel better soon!
DS on 8/15/11