***Wednesday Bites, Vites & Exercites***

MajorMom
on 8/10/11 7:17 pm - VA
How did those pork rinds work for you? Did you have any issues? Maybe they are a good go-to snack if you're looking for crunchy and salty.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

ModestoK
on 8/10/11 11:00 am, edited 8/9/11 11:03 pm
I'm in that stalled group too. Thought it had broken but alas, the few pounds came back and now I'm basically where I've been for 5 weeks.
Unlike Shirleen and Gail, though, I know I can do much better. I'm just not very motivated to do so when I'm not seeing instant results. It is amazing how spoiled we get right after surgery!

Breakfast
Double Protein Shake
Quaker Oats Instant Oatmeal - Lower Sugar - Peaches & Cream

Lunch
Beef & Veggie Stir Fry
Kirkland H.K. Anderson Peanut Butter Filled Nuggets - Pretzels

Dinner
1/2 Qdoba Mexican Grill - Naked Burrito Shredded Beef No Beans or Rice

Snacks
Double Protein Shake
Supreme Protein Bar Carb Conscious - Peanut Butter Pretzel Twist

Totals 1,879 calories; 187 protein; approx. 90 carbs

Vites on track. Fluids okay.
No exercites planned - I pulled a hip muscle while exercising either Monday or yesterday.
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

MajorMom
on 8/10/11 7:20 pm - VA
Maybe try to limit grains (wheat, oats and corn) and have fresh veggies instead. Celery with peanut butter...carrots with dip...cucumbers...

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

a_new_mii
on 8/10/11 12:43 pm - AZ
 Hi Everybody,
Started back to work today, :(  For the first couple months I'm stuck as a Kindergarten assistant.  Did I mention I loathe Kindergarten?  Can't wait to get back to my own classes!!!
Anyway, here's the bites.

Bites        
Breakfast Carbs Fat Protein Fiber
Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 0.5 cup (8 fl oz) 0 0 0 0
Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protien Cookies N Cream - Protein Shake, 2 scoop 7 4 52 1

Lunch        
Taco Meat 2.5 lb GB & 3/4 c Taco season) 12 1/2c serv., 1 serving(s) 5 15 23 0
Cheese - Great Value - Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese-Shredded, 1/2 cup 2 18 14 0
Daisy - Sour Cream, 2 Tbsp 1 5 1 0
Dean's - Guacamole Dip, 1 tbsp 1 5 1 0
Dole - Shredded Lettuce, 0.25 cup 1 0 0 0

Dinner        
Meatloaf (8 servings), 0.5 serving(s) 6 9 14 0
Homemade - French Fried Potatoes, 3 oz 16 4 2 2
Add Food Quick Tools 22 13 16 2

Snacks        
Syntrax - Nectar Naturals-Natural Peach, 1.5 scoop (28 gr) 0 0 35 0

Totals 39 60 142 3
Your Daily Goal 50 144 125 26
Remaining 11 84 -17 23
  Carbs Fat Protein Fiber

Vites        
Batch #1 Done        
Batch #2 Done        
Batch #3 Done        
Batch #4 Pending        

Excercites        
none :(        
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

MajorMom
on 8/10/11 7:24 pm - VA
Good luck with work. Rest as you can and let yourself ease back into it.

Your numbers are spot on!

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 4:27 am - Lafayette, IN
is the cookies and cream any good? what do you mix yours with? i drink the body fortress chocolate and have been a little timid about trying a new flavor.
a_new_mii
on 8/11/11 11:07 am - AZ
 I mix it the same way do the Chocolate.... with coffee. Sometimes I do half choco and half C&C as it is sweeter than the chocolate, and sometimes it's too much.  Honestly I don't much care for Protein shakes in general, but I QUICKLY  drink a double in the am to get a good protein boost.
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

Katy S.
on 8/10/11 3:21 pm - WA
I had something greasy with cheese and no bun, 3 drinks of a coffee that was WAY too sweet before it went into the garbage, some jerky, homemade super meaty spaghetti sauce, protein shakes, vites...

Had an AWESOME doc appt today, had a few things to address, abnormal (to me) spots on skin, my sciatica, labs/vites..she's not my surgeon, but I had my lab list and vite list with me and talked to her about them, I asked about my K-1 which she said my clotting factor was a little low so I was probably right on with my K-1, and I am now taking that, but all my other levels were good my PTH was at like 88 something w/in normal range, hematocrit was 12.2 MRV was in the high 80's, and she showed me my last 3 labs said they have steadily gone up since even before surgery, albumin etc...she talked to me about my labs from my 3 mo follow up, and the ones from last friday...so basically none of my levels except potentially the K were low...she then read over my lab list (which was already in the computer for my next month draws) and added the D25 test (I think that's what it was called) that they didn't have on there but I had on my list... She then prescribed ALL my vites to me, 3 of which I filled at the pharmacy and the rest she is putting in a special request so I have a super low copay for them... Then she said she just brought a PT that does adjustments (chiropractic) to the clinic starting next month and any time I have my sciatic flare ups to call and request a referral to go get adjusted at my clinic, since my medical doesn't cover chiropractic this is AMAZING... She was impressed by my own knowledge of my surgery (thanks to lots of people here!) and I love when docs talk to me like an equal and not like they're superior.... it was awesome to go over everything :)
"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

MajorMom
on 8/10/11 7:27 pm - VA
I'm glad you have a doc working with you. The PTH should be going down, not up. You want your PTH to be around 25-30, your calcium around 9.2 and your D coming in around 80-100. You might want to increase your calcium citrate doses. How much dry D3 are you taking?

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 9:29 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Meh...

- cheese
- macadamia nuts
- salad (lettuce, cheese, sunflower seeds, and Russian dressing) and cottage cheese with strawberries, a banana slice, and a peach slice
- Texas Roadhouse: 3 chicken critters, side salad of lettuce, egg, and cheese with thousand island dressing (I got a cup of chili as my second side, and asked them to not bother puting it in a regular bowl but to just put it in a container to go, so I'll have that at some point today, and my two leftover chicken critters)

No blood test results from the doc yet   My tummy is off - I'll feel hungry, eat a few bites, and then feel nauseous. Or I'll think I'm hungry, and it just goes away in 5 minutes. Or I'm hungry but nothing sounds appealing. My cheese that I so loved and eat daily now tastes incredibly salty. I still eat it simply for lack of other convenient low-carb options, but I will need to find something else. And it's almost like I have more restriction again - either that or I just can't eat more than half of anything I order without then feeling gross (nauseous or repulsed). Fun times, but hopefully for good reason...

On the good side, Diet Pepsi, which I'd been drinking even more than water, also now repulses me, so that habit that I thought would be the most difficult to break is no longer an issue! I had gotten some at the Asian place we went on Tuesday for dinner, and I tok one sip, made a face, shuddered, and thought maybe it was a bad fountain at the restaurant. Tried to drink some that I had left ina bottle at home with my vitamins that night, sand same thing. I had my last sip of it that Tuesday night, had none yesterday at all, and no plans on trying it again today.