Syntrax Nectar protein powders

sotto_voce
on 8/10/11 12:39 am - Alpharetta, GA
Just a general post to say how much I love the Syntrax Nectar protein powders in the non-fruit flavors. The fruit ones are fine, but I generally only use those when using a real blender and fruit to make a smoothie. That's a rare occurrence, so I find I use the dessert flavors more often.

The Vanilla Bean Torte actually tastes like a melted vanilla milkshake to me! My normie roommate (who has tasted all the various shakes and powders through this whole process)  likes drinking this shake, too. The chocolate torte is great (perhaps a bit sweet), but doesn't taste icky proteiny like I find the Champion Whey Stack does. I use whole milk or coffee and cream as my base for the shakes.

My new love is the Cappuccino flavor. I mix it in with my coffee (hot or cold), some heavy cream and a pinch of Splenda and I'm in heaven. It mixes completely with just stirring - no shaker bottle required. The top is even a little foamy like real cappuccino!

Two years post-op and I'm FINALLY getting excited about protein shakes. Hopefully adding a few to my daily routine will help jump start the weight loss again.

:)

Bethany

yorkieGal
on 8/10/11 12:42 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Bethany, good for you honey!!
I am 3.5 yrs out and I have a double scoop shake each day. I work out with weights 4 times a week and have one after my workout, the trainer at my gym is a big fan of doing this and it has made a huge difference to my toning and muscle development, plus it has upped my protein numbers on my labs. Ireally believe they are a great insurance policy.

I like the chocolate truffle and the vanilla bean torte. I use some different sf syrups to switch them up, I use coconut and a splash of coffee and make a mocha coconut and I use a peach syrup in the vanilla and a pinch of cinnamon and a few ice cubes just like a frosty peach cobbler!!

I am going to order some of the cappuccion now too, thanks for the recommendation sweetie!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

sotto_voce
on 8/10/11 12:57 am - Alpharetta, GA
Being from GA, the peach one sounds scrumptious. I'm going to have to try that! Hmmm... gonna have to hit up World Market after work to raid their Divinci syrup section :)

Forgot to mention that I will add peppermint syrup to the chocolate for a peppermint mocha treat, too.

Thanks for the tips!

Bethany

yorkieGal
on 8/10/11 1:18 am - Clermont, FL

Hey Bethany,
Last winter I made a hot cocoa using the choc truffle, heavy cream and the sf peppermint, then put on whipped cream and a sprinkle of crushed sf starlight mints!! Everyone in the family wanted one!!

Love Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

teachmid
on 8/10/11 3:16 am - OKC, OK
These all sound so good.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Jody W.
on 8/10/11 3:45 am - Windsor, CT
Hello Everyone!
I like the Roadside Lemonade!!  I am going to try other flavors as well!!! Now I am going to go for the other flavors... Chocolate/Vanilla and even Cappuccino!!!

Original LapBand Surgery - 07/26/06- DS Surgery - 08/16/2011
 HW/LW/SW/CW/GW
289/195/277.5/242.5/170

elixir
on 8/10/11 4:38 am - MI
I don't like the fruity Nectar flavors at all. I could choke them down (but didn't enjoy them) pre-op and can't be bothered to even try to finish one post-op. Down the drain it went.

The vanilla bean torte and chocolate truffle are great. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I didn't even mind the cappuccino. It was pretty good. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

mel1964
on 8/10/11 6:37 am
I have caribbean cooler in my desk right now, easy to mix, i plan to order the other flavors also. yummy!

meredith_123
on 8/10/11 9:12 am - Waterford, MI
I've found my new favorite snack at night is a chocolate peanut butter protein shake. ( I currently have a chocolate power from Walmart I'm using).

I mix it in the blender with 8 oz milk, 1 heaping scoop of chocolate protein power, a tablespoon of cocoa powder, a big spoonful of natural peanut butter and a bunch of ice cubes.  I use enough ice to make it the consistency of a melty frosty from Wendy's.  Even my husband and kids likes this drink. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
worlfree
on 8/11/11 12:12 am - DivaTown, NC
where to I purchase these, wanna give them a try..

Recent Topics