do you have a coffee grinder you luv ?

gak
on 8/9/11 11:02 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Our old coffee grinder gave up tonight ! It was a Braun. I have horrible shopping here.....but I went to Walmart and got one that is horrid. DH will have coffee in the a.m     I need to shop online for a new one so I can take back this cheap one from Walmart.

Do you have one that you just love ? Please tell me the make and model number if you do. DH luvs his coffee, one of his few vices, I would like to find one that would last. The one that stopped must be 20 yrs old or so.

Thanks !

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 11:20 am
Ginger-

I was going to suggest Braun, but I bet I have the same coffee grinder that just went kaputt on you!  It is about 15-20 years old.

Try looking around on eBay.  You may be able to find the same one!  Most small apliances on there are "buy it now" or they give you the option of that or bidding.
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/9/11 11:24 am
I was going to suggest braun too. Sorry to hear yours broke down so soon.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

beemerbeeper
on 8/9/11 1:11 pm - AL
I can tell you who is an expert on all things coffee and I KNOW knows the best coffee grinder in the universe.  Tom (LevittownLoser).  You can find him on facebook.

~Becky

gak
on 8/9/11 1:16 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Thanks, I am watching a couple on ebay, I have scoured the internet and read a ton of reviews. I will sleep on it and decide in the a.m. So tired ! There are 3 or 4 models that are really highly rated.  I wanted to catchup on threads tonight, but dang it takes time to figure this out.

Stressful week.  Becky, I will go look up Tom and see what he likes as well.

Thanks all ! 

Ginger<><  

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 1:29 pm - TX
I have a burr grinder Steve got me for our first anniversary, so it is 6 years old now.  It has a hopper up top for storing beans.  And it is heavy and enormous but I so LOVE it.  It is a Rocky Rancilio.  Love, love, love it.  You'd have to get it online...
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 1:43 pm
 Any burr grinder.  That's the secret to a great, durable coffee bean grinder if you ask me. . .
Renfairewench
on 8/10/11 3:08 am
I totally agree. I have a burr grinder too and though it makes my teeth hurt it produces the best coffee in my opinion. I perk my coffee the old fashioned way and I love that I can grind the beans for perking rather than more finely for drip coffee.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

gak
on 8/10/11 9:43 am
Revision on 06/21/13
Thanks again everyone, Going to try to make a decision tonight. Work was nuts today, no time, so as soon as I finish eating....will see what I can find online ! 

Ginger<><  

Recent Topics