Care credit?

Nissa_M
on 8/8/11 4:23 pm - TX
I've been looking into this for dental purposes, but someone mentioned I may be able to use it to pay for some surgery expenses. Does anyone know if Dr. Stewart's office works with this option? I'm going to call in the am and ask, but I figured I'd see if anyone knew.

Thanks!
Emily F.
on 8/9/11 5:11 am
I do not, but when I checked 3 years ago, they did not go up high enough to help me with the full ds cost. It would cover dental work but not a whole surgery.
meredith_123
on 8/9/11 7:20 am - Waterford, MI
I don't know either, but if you can get approved for a regular credit card, you may be able to get a better interest rate.  I used it when I had oral surgery several years ago, the interest rate was pretty high on that.  I ended up transfering it to a regular card to save on the interest.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
LuckyLibrarian
on 8/9/11 9:25 am - Plumerville, AR
I applied for care credit. Decided not to use it once I read the 26.99 % APR. ridiculous!
Elizabeth N.
on 8/9/11 10:48 am - Burlington County, NJ
Care Credit is one of the better companies of its type, but it is still a company that preys on people's troubles and hopes in what I consider to be an outrageous fashion. 27% interest on $10,000 is $2700 PER YEAR.

If you paid it off in five years, you'd pay $18,321. If you paid it off in ten  years, you'd pay $29,008 .

And ten grand won't get you any surgery worth having....And ten grand is more than you're likely to get from places like this.

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/9/11 11:31 am - Sedona, AZ
what?? when I looked at it before it seemed to be low interest for several years- like student loans- if it is that high now it's no bargain at all as you can get lower rates almost anywhere else.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Nissa_M
on 8/9/11 3:11 pm - TX
Thanks everyone! We've decided against it, that interest rate is gross. Also, Dr. Stewarts office doesn't work with it just as an fyi.
Recent Topics