How much bacon do you eat a day?

nightowl
on 8/8/11 9:43 am - Topeka, KS
(My big bacon consumption has only been since my DS.  Before that, I used to start the day with starches.)  I usually start the day out with four slices of microwaved bacon.  Then I add in some other food.
Mom gave me her old bacon tray that has ridges/troughs for the liquified grease to flow to.  I pour that into cups that I put in the refrigerator.  I take from that when cooking eggs, etc., but I still have excess cups of grease.  When I was a child we saved ours for my aunt who made lye soap with it, but she doesn't do that any more.  I'm thinking of offering my bacon drippings supply on a freecycling listserv I am on in my city.
nightowl
on 8/8/11 10:08 am - Topeka, KS
P.S.  I would want to eat even more pieces of bacon a day (and sometimes I do), but it's so expensive!  And then, a part of me is worried about the added chemicals. 
Poodles
on 8/8/11 10:24 am - TX
I ate alot of it at first just because I could... but then noticed my hubby and son were also enjoying it and they absorb the bad stuff, so I slowed down.  We have about a pound a week in the house though... between the four of us.
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

Katie K.
on 8/8/11 10:45 am - Grand Haven, MI
I eat or want Bacon every day.. fresh from the butcher.. we are out right now but damn I crave that saltiness. WHich is a new thing for me since surgery..
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

NoreenRT
on 8/8/11 10:53 am - Warner Robins, GA
today i had about 8-10 thick cut slices of peppered bacon with my hard boiled egg.  delish!  i remember feeling like a total looser as a fresh post-op.  i didn't like bacon and it tasted too salty.  not anymore eh?

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Panda ..
on 8/8/11 3:50 pm
had_enuf
on 8/8/11 4:42 pm - East Bay, CA
I love bacon, but I haven't been eating it at home because cooking it and cleaning up seems  like a lot of effort compared to most alternatives. But this thread inspired me and I bought a  box of Hormel's already-cooked bacon today and took an italian low-carb flatout wrap, slathered it with olive-oil mayo, topped it with 4 slices bacon, about 4 ozs shredded cheddar, and a thinly sliced roma tomato. Sprinkled on some basil, garlic, and red pepper flakes,  top-browned it, rolled it burrito-style, and was in heaven. Buying more Hormel and wraps first thing in the AM!
       Judy                   HW359/Consult288/SW275          

teachmid
on 8/8/11 11:23 pm - OKC, OK
Mmmm.....that sounds so good.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

sandy_mt
on 8/9/11 8:19 am
 YUM!!  I've had those flatout wraps before and they are great!  I ate them when I had to lose the 20 pounds before surgery and they were very satisfying-super high fiber!

Sandy