Xpost-Revision from RNY to DS - - CT Surgeon?? Tricare Prime?

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 2:22 am - Lancaster, OH
Just for your own peace of mind, have you asked Dr. Davis how many RNY to DS revisions he has performed?  Not that he hasn't, but I can't recall even seeing his name on these boards for a "virgin" DS, which is far easier than the RNY to DS revision.
beemerbeeper
on 8/9/11 4:04 am - AL
Nope.  He (Davis) may advertise as such but he's not a RnY to DS surgeon.  He may be able to revise your intesines and leave your pouch but that is NOT what you want.

The reveral from the pouch to get your pyloric valve back is what you want and this is a VERY challenging surgery and is why there are so few surgeons who do it.

If you think Davis is really a RnY to DS revision surgery find some of his patients who have had it done.

~Becky

Nannette
on 8/9/11 12:53 am - Toms River, NJ
Dr Roslin in NYC (Lenox Hill Hospital) is doing my RNY to DS Revison on Monday, August 15th -- he's probably closer to you then Greenbaum.  I spoke with Greenbaum first earlier this year, and he was cutting way back on his revision surgeries, plus he thought I was a 'lightweight' and wanted me to gain weight first...... NOT

Good luck.
Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Elizabeth N.
on 8/9/11 3:49 am - Burlington County, NJ
There is no such surgeon in CT. I recommend contacting Dr. David Greenbaum, www.duodenalswitchdoc.com or www.southjerseybariatrics.com .

Tricare does not cover the DS in any form, at all. If you have other insurance, perhaps that might be helpful. Otherwise you are looking at self paying, which many of us have done, self included. (I have Tricare.)

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 4:46 am, edited 8/9/11 4:46 am - San Jose, CA
I don't believe Tricare will cover a DS at all, without some high-level finagling.  There is someone at Madigan in WA state doing a DS, but I don't think he has done RNY to DS revisions.

BTW, how is it that this post has over 10K hits in 6 hours??
vwilliams
on 8/9/11 4:55 am

I just got off the phone with Madigan (waiting for return call) about this. Fingers Crossed.

I have had this problem with the hit counter for years, I wrote to admin a few times with no fix.

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 5:09 am - San Jose, CA
I wonder if it has anything to do with your siggie box - it has dozens of weird non-functional things in it.  Perhaps if you delete your siggie box and start over that would fix it.
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 8:40 am - TX
I responded to your PM....but the answer is NO....tricare will NOT cover any form of the DS!!  That is why I am traveling to WA to have my band to DS revision instead of using a great surgeon that is 3 hours from me!   I don't know Dr. Martin's stats as far as RNY revisions either, as I am a band revision.  You will need to do your "pre-op" stuff like nutrition counseling and stuff before hand and have it faxed to Madigan!
sandy_mt
on 8/9/11 8:56 am
 I just had my RNY to DS revision in NYC with Dr. Roslin 4 weeks ago and I live in Ohio.  My first choice was Dr. Rabkin in CA but he was not in my network and insurance would not cover it.  I would highly recommend Dr. Roslin-****y, but really knows his surgery!!!  Good luck!

Sandy

Recent Topics