OOOH my freaking BUTT!

jenflock
on 8/8/11 2:10 am - TN
OK, I totally admit I had always thought people blew the whole hemorrhoid thing totally out of proportion!! I am a horrible person to have ever thought such a malicious thing!!  I went from no issues to a giant life sucking monster upon my tender butt hole in like 24 hours.  I have invested in tucks pads and creams but  it barely helps.  I'm pretty sure I'm like one of those I didn't know I was pregnant people on TLC (at least if immaculate conception was an option).  Perhaps it isn't a hemorrhoid but the crowning head of my newborn coming out the wrong hole!!  Do a girl a favour and bring on the advice here because I simply can't handle this. me and my butt thank you in advance.

beemerbeeper
on 8/8/11 2:15 am - AL
Problems seem to be caused both by constipation and by too loose stools.  Which is yours and then we can make suggestions.

And are you sure it is a H and not a fissure?

~Becky

jenflock
on 8/8/11 7:50 am - TN
Oddly enough I have been having the fluffy poo. Nothing too extreme either way.  I blame my mother for her crappy John Wayne toilet paper.  I stayed at their house to care for my dad while she went to Ohio and then came the eight lb bundle of joy coming out of my butt. It is def a hemi. and not a fissure.  It has eased off a bit with the sitz baths and tucks pads and wet wipes. I seriously would rather give birth tho.  At least an epidural is an option. Sheesh

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/11 3:55 am - TX
I get them all the time.....I am a pre-op so it isn't from the DS.  I stay constipated.....so anyway...........I can tell you that when I do get them....they get thrombosed (google that) and I have to have them "lanced" in the ER or the doc's office!!   My doc also prescribes some foam that really helps.  Obviously "avoiding" them is the best option.....but for me....it is about a 2x a year thing.......I am suppose to be having a "colonoscopy" to see if they are "internal" too (those we don't feel)....but by the time the outside of my butt cleared up enough to have the colonoscopy done...I chickened out......i figure if I do have them inside....as long as they don't hurt I am good!!!

Sorry I was probably no help....but wanted you to know you are NOT alone.....and as bad as having a thrombosed one lanced sounds.....the minute they cut open that sucker......the pain decreases by a thousand!!

dranoa
on 8/8/11 5:50 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
 If the Tucks and creams don't work, i would suggest a supository. Not the most glamorous of applications, but it's been the only relief i've known in the past when i have had issues. 

Good luck!
kj80230
on 8/8/11 6:00 am
Ok, here I come to the rescue... I will pass on only what I have learned here. I have had Hemorrhoids on and off in my life but in the last 4 months I got a pretty bad Thrombosed one.

1. GO TO THE DR! Don't wait, they are tough to get into and I KNOW it's embarassing but you need to know what you are dealing with and the longer you wait the worse it will be. It's what they do all day, it's not a big deal.

2. Until you can get into the Dr, you can sooth the muscles by taking a Siz bath. Don't use any soap or salts etc just VERY ho****er as hot as you can handle, just a few inches is all you need and do this 3-4 times a day, soak for 5-15 minutes. This will help the swelling and relax the muscles and help you heal.

3. Keep clean, use Cottonelle or some kind of wet wipe, be careful not to put them down the toilet, I have heard that even the ones that say they are ok to flush really might eventually cause problems. Dry tissue is irritating and as a result you may not wipe well enough to really get clean, this will cause problems.

4. Use can use Prep H, Hydrocortisone, or many other prescrption creams but what you will get from the dr will be better. Some people try Anal Eze from the Sex shop as it has a numbing effect to it. I haven't tried that yet but ... you never know!

5.  GO TO THE DR!

Good luck! I am having trouble too, after 4 months I can't get this one to heal. UGH!
  ~Kj ~                                       My   is Betty (bldeck)                 277/268/174/150  
                     Lab Rat Data     HW/SW/CW/GW

jenflock
on 8/8/11 7:52 am - TN
These are great suggestions and I've used a couple. it has eased a bit. Thanks.  I was really stressing over it earlier.  Who knew a hemorrhoid could be your worst nightmare.

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/11 6:49 am
kj80230
on 8/8/11 3:09 pm
If the hemorrhoid is external it's easy to tell because it will be popping out. If it's internal, I am not sure. I had different symptoms with each the fissure felt like when I went to the bathroom I was pooping glass, it was VERY painful but only during the time I was going to the bathroom and immediately afterwards. As for the thrombosed hemorrhoid, for me it's a pain I cannot get rid of, the swelling is so bad, I cannot deficate or pass gas with out strain. It hurts almost all the time and itches and I can't get my mind off it.

Not sure that helps but there you go. 
Good luck! Kj
  ~Kj ~                                       My   is Betty (bldeck)                 277/268/174/150  
                     Lab Rat Data     HW/SW/CW/GW

CarolZ
on 8/8/11 11:32 pm - Atlanta, GA
Oh, I feel your pain!  I am SO sorry for you.  I have the same issue.  I went to the Dr. and had a lot of tests.  She gave me suppositories, which helped.  I bought a "do-nut" pillow which really helps.  Mine get worse when I eat a lot of carbs and I get bad gas and poop a lot.  So I avoid carbs.

I use Prep H wipes, suppositories and creams.  There is also an analgesic cream for when it's really bad.

You have my deepest sympathy.

I have thought before that if I had a super power, I would want it to be the power to give hemorrhoids to bad people (like my ex-boss!)

Carol

Height 5'4.5"
HW 283  SW 263 LW 119 CW 147 GW 135  
NOT EVEN OVERWEIGHT - Just "normal" for the first time since 1989:)

Recent Topics