Made my appointment with Dr. Stewart!!

StacyAnn07
on 8/8/11 1:22 am - Del City, OK
Well folks, I think I have decided on the DS! I'm driving 3 hours to meet with this surgeon on the 25th of August!!! Thank you all for your helpful information and advise!! 

Virgie Tschirhart
on 8/8/11 1:32 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
Good for you  StacyAnn07!!!  Did you read my PM I sent you?  I will be hopefully in line behind you to meet Dr. Stewart.  Going to check if my insurance will cover it.   

I'm so HAPPY for you Sweetie. 

Babygirlinokc!!!

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

StacyAnn07
on 8/8/11 1:44 am - Del City, OK
Thank you!! I am so so so excited!!!! I didn't get a PM from you though? I will let you know my experience and what all happens when I go in 2 weeks.

PamtasticNewLife
on 8/8/11 1:45 am
Fantastic Surgeon! Can't go wrong choosing Dr DS. Lol
Good luck hope your insurance covers 2nd wls surgery for you.

Pam
StacyAnn07
on 8/8/11 1:49 am - Del City, OK
Well this is my 1st surgery and my insurance doesn't cover ANY bariatric surgery (  ). I'm self pay (YIKES!) but it will be so worth it in the long run!!!

larra
on 8/8/11 2:06 am - bay area, CA
Good decision, StacyAnn! (I read about you in the other thread)

I'm going to send you a pm about another self-pay option for you. DianaCox has posted about it previously, but you may not have seen her posts. Be on the lookout for a pm!

Larra
PamtasticNewLife
on 8/8/11 5:04 am
UH Oh! My mistake, I'm sorry! I snapped back to Babygirlinokc not yours StacyAnn.
Hopefully you can figure out how to come up with the funds to pay for your wls.
We have uhc which covered my DS back in 07, but only if I used innetwork surgeon and hospital. The only way I got this info was thru company my DH works for. Whenever drs office or I called uhc was told wls wasn't covered!
So make sure you check for yourself!

Laz22girl
on 8/8/11 2:08 am
What is the self pay price?

My sister is looking into wls...
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/8/11 4:04 am
Around 22k, not including travel and hotel of course. I was self pay from out of town.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

LuckyLibrarian
on 8/8/11 6:12 am - Plumerville, AR
I am self pay and long distance, as well as wanting Dr S as my surgeon. Could you please elaborate on the deets of your experience? Did you have a phone or in person consultation? How long did you stay in town after surgery? When did you go back for a check up?

Thanks,

Kristen
Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1471 views