White Carbs

elixir
on 8/8/11 9:10 am - MI
I'm OK w/potatoes, but have only had them a couple of times as I try to focus on protein and maybe a bite or two of vegetable like spinach or greens here or there. I did have some potato skins w/taco meat, cheese and sour cream. Could only eat a couple. I'm also OK w/small amounts of rice. I had some chicken tenders a couple weeks ago that were coated with flour before being fried and they made me sick; instant bloating closely followed by 'rhea. I'm still pretty early out though so that may change later. I haven't tried flour tortillas but I did have a bite or two of a corn tortilla which made me feel terrible with bloating, gas and audible stomach gurgling which was pretty unpleasant. 

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Virgie Tschirhart
on 8/9/11 4:31 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
 I hate to throw up more than I love those white carbs.  I'm just ckecking how other DSers do with carbs.  I might not even get the DS.  Right now, I'm seeing a Therapist for my emotional eating misbehavior of white carbs.  Thanks for sharing elixir. 

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 6:33 am - Woodbridge, VA
Your money is better spent continuin gyour therapy. The DS will NOT help you with your carb issue. Of COURSE it's easier said than done to cut out carbs, but getting yet another surgery isn't going to change that.