Help (Diet Advice) - Stuck at 200 to 202 lbs

beemerbeeper
on 8/7/11 11:52 am - AL
Your protein goal is way too low.  Everyone needs at LEAST 100 and I think that is too low for most people. 

The coffee and cake shake proteins are made with powdered protein and you can find those recipes here on this forum.  They've been discussed a lot because they are very popular.

Join bites and vites for a few days (at least) and get some tips about ways to up your protein.

Your labs could be really helpful to us to help you out as well.

~Becky

Julie R.
on 8/7/11 11:14 am - Ludington, MI
 I don't think you're eating enough protein.    I would try *really* upping it, and your fat, and your fluids, and see what happens.    
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

kacie70
on 8/7/11 7:53 pm - Cleveland, NC
Thanks!  I thought I was right on target.  I'll start upping my protein intake immediately.

Take care,
Kacie

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/7/11 3:22 am - Sedona, AZ
I stall for several weeks between losses on the scale so I dont even weigh myself much. Each time I thought this was it now and I am not going to lose anymore as I was used to failing at diets too longterm. But the more I read here the more I learned to trust my DS. For the first 18 months the honeymoon period I think  I am going to keep losing inspite of myself. But if I want it to be quicker then I need to increase my protein and avoid simple carbs and be active.I am not willing to be on the Atkins diet my entire life so I know mine will go a bit slower and I have accepted that. I have been teetering at 202-204 for weeks now and now this morning I proudly hit 200 which is an 80 pound loss in about 7 months. I am looking forward to ONEderland now but I am not sure what my goal should be. I guess I picked 140 just because I started at 280 and it would be half my weight. I will let the DS decide where and when to stop but I feel reasonably comfortable believing I am not stopping this early based on hearing about others here. I expect to lose for another year so I have hopes of getting quite a bit thinner.  . .It can get discouraging I know but if you don't focus on the scale and just on improving your behavior you will be ahead of the game IMHO.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

kacie70
on 8/7/11 8:12 am - Cleveland, NC
Hi!

Thank you so much for writing.  You had your surgery about the same time I had mine.  And, you're a do-over, too.  I really appreciate your words of encouragement.  Your response has truly motivated me.  

Take care,
Kacie

gak
on 8/7/11 5:15 am
Revision on 06/21/13
In line with what everyone has said the easiest food tracker I have found is

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/index3

It has just about everything in it. It can be a real eye opened when your not sure what's going on. You can customize it to track what you want tracked, although as I recall the calorie counter is automatice, but you can adjust the others and re-arrange them to fit you.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

kacie70
on 8/7/11 8:14 am - Cleveland, NC
Ginger,

As always, thanks for the valuable information.  I'm going to start using this today!

Take care,
Kacie