About malabsoprtion of fats and oils...

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/7/11 6:19 am - Tuvalu

I'm essentially half Sicilian and half Mexican and NEVER in my whole life needed lotions or moisturizers or anything other than skin care for teens...until the DS.

Now, avoiding dry skin is a PROJECT.  That's how much oli we don't absorb.

Renee2007
on 8/7/11 6:32 am - Central, FL
 You know I think sometimes I'm just an oddball. I get dry on my legs and arms only in the winter months. But, my face continues to be oily and I'm 49 years old. What's up with that? By late afternoon I always have that shiny glow. Argggh!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/7/11 6:36 am - Tuvalu

Do you think that my spending an hour and a half under the Tuvaluvian Summer Sun in the pool every afternoon should be factored in here somewhere?
Renee2007
on 8/7/11 6:39 am - Central, FL
 Well, by the looks of the avitar I would have to say...YES!  LOLOLOL

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Elizabeth N.
on 8/8/11 1:57 am - Burlington County, NJ
You live in the freakin' tropics! That makes a rather large difference in skin dryness :-). I'm always dry everywhere but my face in NJ, face is normal to a little moist. Here in the high country desert climate in MT, I'm all but drying up and blowing away.

Renee2007
on 8/8/11 4:02 am - Central, FL
 Ok, you have a valid point! I just wish I could transfer a little of the oil from my face to my legs! LOL

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 6:36 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I'm half Mexican and my other half is questionable because my grandfather assumed the identity of a dead soldier. Nobody on that side of the family knows exactly what the hell we are, but maybe it's half Sicilian because I have dry skin too.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/7/11 6:38 am - Tuvalu

I'd have to see you after a week in the summer sun...otherwise, you are just TOO WHITE!!!  (Although my Mexican grandfather was very white too...but we considered it some sort of birth defect.)
Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/7/11 6:41 am - Tuvalu

I'm going to go put my suit on ...but I'll be sure to wear my sunglasses in case some withered up version of an aging Penny Marshall is there taking photos.  (Or some old man with a video camera...either one could be a problem.)
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 6:57 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
HEY

Don't be stealing my Penny Marshall jokes.