Why the fat?

scoob
on 8/6/11 1:47 am - Somerset, KY
I agree! Question though. Is peanut butter a good source of fat or will it "bind" me up more?? Just curious!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

beemerbeeper
on 8/6/11 2:16 am - AL
PB has a lot of fat and protein but also sugar.  I did eat it some while I was losing but have had to cut it out of my diet now that I am trying to maintain.

~Becky

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/6/11 2:55 am - Tuvalu
On August 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM Pacific Time, beemerbeeper wrote:
PB has a lot of fat and protein but also sugar.  I did eat it some while I was losing but have had to cut it out of my diet now that I am trying to maintain.

~Becky

Not so for REAL peanut butter...you know, the kind with peanuts and salt and nothing else.

Mine has 6g of carbs per 2 tbsp and only one of those is sugar.

It's that other **** that they CALL peanut butter that has all the sugar in it...and it tastes horrid, too!

beemerbeeper
on 8/6/11 3:23 am - AL
Do you make your own? 

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/6/11 3:30 am - Tuvalu

Work in the kitchen?  ME?!?!  (Think Dobie Gillis..."WORK??")  There must be a brand similar on your side of the Mississippi.  (And do NOT get the one with maltodextrawhateverthehellitis.)

Natural Nutty Peanut Butter

Natural Smooth Peanut Butter
beemerbeeper
on 8/6/11 3:42 am - AL
I will def. look for all natural PB.  Thanks.

Laugh Out Loud
on 8/6/11 9:11 am
LOL!  Sue, you have been truly missed! 
Cindy
Elizabeth N.
on 8/6/11 5:25 am - Burlington County, NJ
It works great for me :-). I do not bother worrying about the sugar content, but if you're that way, you should go with fresh peanut butter (but not from raw peanuts YUCKO--roasting gives it the flavor it should have). You can buy this in many health food stores and markets like Whole Foods, Wegmans etc. Trader Joe's has it in some locations, too.

scoob
on 8/7/11 12:02 am - Somerset, KY
Thanks! I love peanut butter. In the night I have a bad habit of waking hungry. I use to go for cookies and what not. Now I eat a couple of spoons full of peanut butter and I'm good. So even with the small amout of carbs in the peanut butter its waaaaaayyyyyyy better then any other junk. IMHO!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

determineddanni
on 8/6/11 2:49 am
I love this post! I have been wondering this...
Recent Topics